E-M5 II + Olympus Capture -> images not displayed?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by dwkdnvr, Mar 15, 2015.

1. dwkdnvr

dwkdnvr Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

Aug 8, 2012
    Denver
    I don't see a lot of discussion on Olympus Capture here, but hopefully there is some experience.

USB tethering was a key feature driving me to upgrade to the MkII, so I tried it out first with my Dell Venue 8 Pro tablet. This actually worked reasonably well for control, although managing the different windows for viewing the captured images was a bit clumsy on the small screen (1280x800). Things worked as expected though - the image was downloaded to the target folder, and the preview window displayed the result.

So, next I tried it on an Acer netbook (a decent netbook with 4GB and a Celeron processor rather than an Atom). With a 2nd monitor in play things worked really well EXCEPT that the preview window never actually showed the captured images - it just displayed the 'waiting' message. The images were successfully downloaded to the target folder on the netbook and I could open them in other programs, but Oly Capture itself never showed them.

The Venue 8 is running Win 8.1 and the Netbook is running Win 7 Home Premium which might account for some differences in behavior, but I would have assumed it had been tested on the main platforms.

Anyone have similar experiences? Any suggestions?

2. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler Subscribing Member

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    Not displaying sounds like a video driver issue or the Oly software may be buggy.

Barry

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.