1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

E-M5 II + Olympus Capture -> images not displayed?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by dwkdnvr, Mar 15, 2015.

1. dwkdnvr

dwkdnvr Mu-43 Regular

Aug 8, 2012
    Denver
    I don't see a lot of discussion on Olympus Capture here, but hopefully there is some experience.

USB tethering was a key feature driving me to upgrade to the MkII, so I tried it out first with my Dell Venue 8 Pro tablet. This actually worked reasonably well for control, although managing the different windows for viewing the captured images was a bit clumsy on the small screen (1280x800). Things worked as expected though - the image was downloaded to the target folder, and the preview window displayed the result.

So, next I tried it on an Acer netbook (a decent netbook with 4GB and a Celeron processor rather than an Atom). With a 2nd monitor in play things worked really well EXCEPT that the preview window never actually showed the captured images - it just displayed the 'waiting' message. The images were successfully downloaded to the target folder on the netbook and I could open them in other programs, but Oly Capture itself never showed them.

The Venue 8 is running Win 8.1 and the Netbook is running Win 7 Home Premium which might account for some differences in behavior, but I would have assumed it had been tested on the main platforms.

Anyone have similar experiences? Any suggestions?

2. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    Not displaying sounds like a video driver issue or the Oly software may be buggy.

Barry