E-M5 ii hi res - questions about RAW processing

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by dpswbab, Mar 16, 2015.

1. dpswbab

dpswbab Mu-43 Regular

May 30, 2014
    I have started to play around with the hi-res option just for fun. Has anyone used this process successfully in RAW yet? I have never used Olympus Viewer 3 before, so I'm still finding my way around it. I can't figure out how to use it to process the hi-res RAW files. Can anyone give me some hints? I normally use Windows File Manager to download the files from my SD card. Will this work for the hi-res images? There seems to be a new folder on the SD card called ALBM, if memory serves. Is this associated with the hi-res shots? Do you know if the Photoshop plug-in is available yet? I couldn't find it on getolympus.com. Thanks for any assistance you can provide.
  2. opticagent

opticagent Mu-43 Rookie

May 14, 2013
    Nashville, TN
    Never used the oly viewer app, but if you have photoshop you can install the following plugin from olympus and have access to the hi-res files.
    It's pretty straight forward and I was pleased with the results.
    Best of luck!
  3. dpswbab

dpswbab Mu-43 Regular

May 30, 2014
    Thanks for that info. I was beginning to think no one had found a way to do this yet. I am trying to use Olympus Viewer on normal RAW files from the MK ii, but it isn't the most intuitive software around. I'll try the plugin on a hi res shot as soon as I can.