E-M5 II buzz?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by dornblaser, Jan 9, 2015.

1. dornblaser

dornblaser Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 13, 2012
    Chicago-area
    David Dornblaser
    I haven't been on mu-43 for a while, but I expected to see some conversation about the E-M5 II. Maybe I missed it. Unless the rumor site hasn't picked up on a major feature, my opinion is "meh". m4/3's is starting to strike me as a mature format that is well rounded out with both bodies and lenses. For folks like me who have plenty of gear, the time between upgrades is lengthening. My photo and video G.A.S. has gone.

2. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    I think the forum's response is kinda "meh" as well. We'll see when it comes out.

3. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    The rumored sensor shift thing doesn't interest many, and the big thing that most people do want, which is PDAF and improved at that does not seen likely.
    Already have an EM5 and EM1, they work as required... No desire to upgrade.

4. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    It doesn't seem like an upgrade as much as an introduction of a new camera for folks with very specific wants & needs. Nothing wrong with that, but it just doesn't fly as the E-M5 II for me. Maybe we will be surprised with lots of upgrade type stuff in addition to the sensor shift thing. But I doubt it.

5. sin77

sin77 Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 9, 2011
    Singapore
    For what I shoot, events mainly, combined shots to get better low light or megapixel performance is not possible for me. I can't ask people to freeze there while I take the eight shots.

Or unless it uses e-shutter to take those shots that would be different story. Still, the subjects' eyes might blink within those split seconds. Never mind, I'm just thinking too much.

6. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    I'd much rather prefer the E-M1 features in an E-M5 body than this sensor shift nonsense. Would also like to see Panasonic GH4's ability to extract photos from video in camera.

Right now it's a "wait and see" rather than having baited breath!

7. pake

pake Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 14, 2010
    Finland
    Teemu
    The old sensor and no 4k are major turn offs for me. BUT... The rest of the new video upgrades (video optimized AF, 50Mbps, etc.) do sound interesting and I'll probably end up buying the new E-M5II. And obviously I'm interested in the new 40Mpx gimmick even though it can't be used too often. One thing where it may come handy is macro work and I love doing that.