E-M5 hits the road!

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by tonyjuliano, May 31, 2012.

1. tonyjuliano

tonyjuliano Mu-43 Regular

Well, this is why I bought this camera in the first place. I wanted a better travel rig to haul along on my frequent motorcycle excursions, and the time for that is drawing near.

This Saturday, I hit the open road - travelling from my home (just north of Philly) on a 2500 mile motorcycle trip to through the south.

The E-M5 with M.Zuiko 12-50mm kit lens attached is stowed in my tank bag, along with a Panny 20mm f/1.7, Oly 45mm f/1.8 and soon to be joined by the Oly 12mm f/2.0 that is due for arrival at my office on Friday. The whole kit and kaboodle fits with ease - along with my cleaining kit and my iPad (plus I actually have room to spare, incredible!).

You can follow along, if you wish, at this link...

I am VERY pleased with the space savings, now lets see how this thing performs on the road.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  2. dcisive

dcisive Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 19, 2010
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Lee
    I LOVE a good road trip. Enjoy. That should provide you with a couple of full memory cards of shots.

• Like Like x 1
  3. peterpix

peterpix Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 8, 2010
    So. Maine
    Peter Randal
    Nice shot of the Mt. Washington AutoRoad! BTW, what are you using for settings to show images large? My photos are all small!

• Like Like x 1
  4. alans

alans Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 28, 2010
    I envy you! You're going to be riding through some beautiful country. Take good shoots and ride safe!

• Like Like x 1
  5. tonyjuliano

Thanks, yes the AutoRoad was awesome.

It's linked from the original on my web site.

6. tonyjuliano

Hey, just glad to report that the E-M5 performed like a champ on the road. The combination of compact size and weather sealing made it an ideal choice for travel.

I just got back from my week long trip through the south. We managed to reel off almost 2800 miles along the way (all back-roads, too). You can read all about it (and see all the pictures) here.

Here's one from the road...

Nothing Better by tonyjuliano, on Flickr