E-M5 Gariz Half Cases

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by mister_roboto, Apr 15, 2012.

1. mister_roboto

mister_roboto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 14, 2011
    Seattle, WA, USA
    Dennis
    I've always been a fan of Gariz- the Korean 3rd party accessory camera manufacturer. And although the camera JUST came out, apparently they have a leather half case available already (!) with their "gun sling" accessory on it :

etc : XS-CHEM5BK »óÇ° »ó¼¼º¸±â

I didn't go for the grip from Olympus (yet), but considering the size of the E-M5, I might need a little extra on it- like with my E-P2.

(Oh yeah- it's about $85 USD according to translation, who knows when it will show up on ebay etc)

• Like Like x 1
  2. olydebut

olydebut Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 9, 2012
    Thats a pretty nice case.

3. speltrong

speltrong Mu-43 Veteran

May 8, 2011
    Northern California
    Those are awesome - I wish I knew about that company before I got my GF1 half case... I love how the attachment screw on the bottom is flush with the bottom of the case. Maybe I'll get one if I ever trade up my GF1 for a GX1 :)

4. rstrader

rstrader Mu-43 Regular

Apr 12, 2012
    Colorado Springs
    That is one nice looking case.

5. Vulpix

Vulpix Mu-43 Regular

Dec 23, 2011
    Shame that I want the grip. Or I would definitely be getting this case.

6. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    They're nice cases - I have one for my x100 and it's very well made and thought out. BUT, the metal support plate that holds to all together on the bottom is pretty thick. Overall, I was left with the feeling that the case made the camera seem a good bit larger and heavier and I've ended up using it very very little. Their sling strap is nice but there are plenty of simpler and cheaper ways to get an equally functional sling strap. It's a good case, but it's bulk and weight are things to be aware of when getting it for a small camera.

-Ray

• Like Like x 1
  7. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    I like the high quality look of their cases, but wouldn't buy one because of the massive garish logo.

8. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    I don't think it looks that bad..and downright tame compared to the amount of branded cluttering crap on m43 cameras like the G3 or GX1. :)

9. mister_roboto

mister_roboto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 14, 2011
    Seattle, WA, USA
    Dennis
    Actually that was my biggest turn off too:frown: the other cases for other camera models don't have the logo that prominent, or they're off to the side of the camera. At least it's not stenciled white or have gold metallic paint in it.

10. montaggio

montaggio Mu-43 Regular

Has anyone tried the new Gariz case on an E-M5 yet? I'm considering the grip, but mainly just to get a bit more bulk on the camera. This may do the trick, while at the same time providing a bit of protection. Wondering if anyone has any real life feedback.

So far, the only thing that I don't like about the camera is the awkward position of the right hand strap lug. Getting used to it, but I may remove it and go with a wrist strap hooked only to the left lug.