E-M5, frustration after full reset

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by peter124, Mar 23, 2016.

1. peter124

peter124 Mu-43 Regular

After doing a full reset, my E-M5 came up with the SCP displayed on the rear LCD. This, despite the fact that the SCP is turned 'off' in the camera settings menu.

Putting my eye to the EVF shows the picture to be shot, indicating that the EVF auto switch is 'on'. But in this state I can't find any way to show the picture on the rear EVF.

What I want to happen is for the picture to be displayed on the rear screen, unless my eye is on the EVF. And when I press OK I want the SCP to appear. This is how it was before the reset.

This is driving me crazy.
  2. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2013
    I think you'll have to go in menus and set auto EVF switch to on. The button the the side of the EVF manually turns the Back screen live view on/off and then defaults to EVF It's unclear if you reset to factory settings or what? Get the settings you like and save to Myset to avoid this happening (apart from Firmware updates, which erase saved sets).
  3. peter124

peter124 Mu-43 Regular

Thanks for the quick reply. And I'm delighted to report that you solved my problem! I didn't realize that pressing the EVF button would show live view on the rear screen.

All fixed now. Thanks again!