E-M5 firmware wishlist

Levster

Mu-43 All-Pro
I'm bit confused about the bracketing question here. I press the shutter once and based on the bracketing setting in menu the camera saves multiple shots. I don't press the shutter multiple times. Am I missing something here?
I have to set the drive mode to a continuous setting and then press the shutter for the 5 shots to be taken. If you try it in single shot mode it will only take the first of the sequence and then you have to take 4 further shots to complete the sequence.

roddur

Mu-43 Rookie
I have to set the drive mode to a continuous setting and then press the shutter for the 5 shots to be taken. If you try it in single shot mode it will only take the first of the sequence and then you have to take 4 further shots to complete the sequence.

please take a look at the video.

you'll see i've selected single shot.

http://youtu.be/qK1dR4nt3Js

i hope i'm not misunderstanding the term "bracketing" here.

Rudy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Art bracketing is not really bracketing.
All it does is run the same picture through all the enabled art filters and write them as separate JPEGs to the SD card.
Regular bracketing involves separate exposures with variations in either shutter speed or aperture.
This is used either to get one good exposure in tricky light or to allow HDR processing.
Rudy

roddur

Mu-43 Rookie
Art bracketing is not really bracketing.
All it does is run the same picture through all the enabled art filters and write them as separate JPEGs to the SD card.
Regular bracketing involves separate exposures with variations in either shutter speed or aperture.
This is used either to get one good exposure in tricky light or to allow HDR processing.
Rudy

is there any camera that can do that?

Rudy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
is there any camera that can do that?

Yes of course. Your EM-5 does it. Set AE BKT in shooting menu 2 to 3f 1.0EV.
Set the drive mode to sequential H (like Levster said).
Press and hold the shutter and it will stop after 3 exposures are taken, first one as metered, second one f stop under third one f-stop over.
Rudy

RDM

Mu-43 All-Pro
I would add also like other manufacturer, press once on the shutter and the whole sequence is taken, so you don't have to press seven times if you activate 7 shots bracketing.

Are you saying Olympus doesn't bracket? Well I don't know about that, but on my Pana cameras I would set it to bracket and just hold the shutter button till the sequence was finished. Other posters have said the E-M5 can Bracket but maybe you just need to read your Manual more .. or like most people , Just read it period..lol

dhazeghi

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Dara
Now that Olympus has managed to update the E-M1, E-P5 and E-M10 with 0-second antishock (EFCS), I'm thinking it may not be such a longshot for the E-M5 to get such an update. From what I understand, the E-M5 and E-M10 have basically the same shutter mechanism.

Here's hoping...

AlexH

Mu-43 Veteran
Now that Olympus has managed to update the E-M1, E-P5 and E-M10 with 0-second antishock (EFCS), I'm thinking it may not be such a longshot for the E-M5 to get such an update. From what I understand, the E-M5 and E-M10 have basically the same shutter mechanism.

Here's hoping...
I'd love to see that. If they'd just go ahead and toss in focus peaking, I'd be a happy camper.

EarthQuake

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Maybe I've just missed it on the EM5, but I would really like the lens IS priority setting like I have on the EM1. I have a few Panasonic lenses with IS and sometimes I want to use the lens IS and its really annoying to have to turn off the in-body IS first.

dhazeghi

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Dara
Maybe I've just missed it on the EM5, but I would really like the lens IS priority setting like I have on the EM1. I have a few Panasonic lenses with IS and sometimes I want to use the lens IS and its really annoying to have to turn off the in-body IS first.

Yes, this would certainly be a nice addition. The E-M5 is really the only current m4/3 missing that (E-PM2, E-PL5 and newer all have it). The whole Olympus/OIS support situation is a bit of a mess in m4/3...

pake

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Teemu
Maybe - just maybe - the reason Oly won't release a new E-M5-firmware is that the release of E-M5mk2 is getting close(r)?:eek:

Yes, I know... Wishful thinking... :flypig:

Latest threads

Top Bottom