- Aug 6, 2010
- San Jose, CA
- Real Name
Now that Olympus has given the E-M5 a much needed update to allow for small AF points, I'm hoping they've got a few other additions prepared as well. The following suggestions deal with things that I find particularly frustrating with the E-M5.
- EVF implementation and menu/playback. If you want to look at the camera's menus or play an image back in the EVF, you have to press the EVF button first. Every. Single. Time.
- Playback delay. If you press the 'play' button immediately after taking a shot, the camera ignores it. Just doesn't seem to register for some reason.
- Full-sized image previews. The ORFs only include a 3200x2400 (8MP) JPEG preview. They should include a full-sized (4608x3456) preview. Then you wouldn't have to shoot RAW+JPEG to get full quality when magnifying in playback mode.
- Bracketing as a first-class drive mode. Right now enabling/disabling bracketing must be done from the menus. Add it as a drive mode (alongside single shot, self-timer, anti-shock etc.) and it can be enabled/disabled from the SCP.
- Mysets on the mode dial. Ability to reprogram ART or iAuto settings on the mode dial to switch to given Myset.
- Electronic first curtain shutter. Perhaps not possible, but anything to limit shutter shock would be a welcome addition.