1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

E-M5 extended warranty

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by OPSSam, Dec 14, 2012.

1. OPSSam

OPSSam Mu-43 Regular

Dec 18, 2010
    NC
    • Like Like x 1
  2. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Interesting!

I seem to remember the previous PEN extended warranties needing to be purchased at the same time as the camera. Nice to see this one works as long as purchased within the camera's initial one year warranty period.

3. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    IIRC the policy has always been if you buy it during the warranty period, it will apply. Certainly was true for my Pens and lenses. That even includes factory refurbished items with a 30-day Olympus warranty.

4. OPSSam

OPSSam Mu-43 Regular

Dec 18, 2010
    NC
    Besides, it would be a really bad thing to deny anyone an extended option since as far as I know this thing was not even available until today. Oly warranties are same basic first year coverage extended two more years. I'm sure there could be better third-party options that cover more extensive user-caused (intentional or not, lol) damage too.

5. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Huh, the fine print on the Oly extended warranty card I purchased for my E-P3 said that it had to be purchased at the same time as the camera. Maybe a special price for that version (slightly less) or something.

6. woof

woof Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 18, 2011
    The present.
    Here's where the value of this warranty meets the road:

"During the period of the Extended Warranty, you are entitled to one free complete checkup and cleaning."

I took Pentax up on this at the end of the warranty period and the camera came back spotless and ready for another three years. It's not just a bet, you really do get value for your dollars spent assuming you take advantage of this part of the offer.

I just purchased one of these...

woof!

7. woof

woof Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 18, 2011
    The present.
    Question. One of the terms of the warranty are that you "activate" it. In essence it is a registration of both the camera and the extended warranty. I have full proof of purchase o the camera AND the warranty. Do I really have to register it at this point? I figure I'll do so if and when i need service. hat do you all think?

woof!