1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

E-M5...couldn't wait

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by demiro, Apr 7, 2012.

1. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    Well, I finally decided on a silver E-M5, but then found I couldn't wait for it to arrive, so I rolled the dice with an ebay seller. Pretty sure I've been scammed:

e-m5.

On the plus side, I don't even hear the faintest sound coming from this camera. So I have that going for me...

• Like Like x 4
  2. bedojo

bedojo Mu-43 Regular

Mar 14, 2011
    Oregon
    lol I hope this is a joke :p

• Like Like x 1
  3. lowincash

lowincash Mu-43 Regular

Mar 6, 2012
    Los Angeles
    After I pre-ordered the E-M5, I had no camera to use since I sold the NEX-7. I ended up buying a mint condition Minolta SRT101 to play with. I already have a few Minolta lenses I was using on the NEX-7 so figure I get the camera to go with it lol

It was fun shooting but that thing is heavy =/ I guess I'm to spoiled with automatic focusing, trying to adjust shutter and focus at the same time while chasing the dog around is quite a chore. Good practice while I patiently wait lol

4. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    The Minolta SR-T101 was one of my faves. ;)

5. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    Definitely. I did buy the OM10, but mostly for the Sigma 28/2.8 that was attached to it. I doubt I'll be ruining any film with. :)

It is making me think the silver E-M5 is the way to go.

6. RussellOlaguer

RussellOlaguer Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 12, 2012
    Paranaque, Philippines
    Russell Olaguer
    when i was waiting for my e-m5, i bought a used e-pl2 to familiarize the controls and menus of m43.

7. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    That's gonna be a really good backup camera for you. :) Did you turn on the Super Control Panel yet?

8. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Fred
    What does he need the Super Control Panel for? He's got the optional manual shutter control!

Fred

9. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    Hey. I had an OM-10 (with the optional manual control dial) as the first backup to my first OM-1, and just acquired another for a few bucks at a thrift store. Perfectly OK camera.

Go ahead, run some film through it. You can always scan it to print.

What got me into micro 4/3 in the first place was how close the E-P1 was in size to the OM cameras, especially the OM-1 I shot and loved for years. Something about holding that camera just said to me, "shoot".The E-P2 has the same feeling to it, which is why, after all the improvements in u4/3 cameras, I still love shooting with it. It FEELS right. I am awaiting impatiently my pre-ordered E-M5, though, especially for the dual manual control dials, which I know I'll love.

10. RussellOlaguer

RussellOlaguer Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 12, 2012
    Paranaque, Philippines
    Russell Olaguer
    Yeah. It is really a great back up camera. :smile:
    Initially, my plan was to sell the e-pl2 once the e-m5 arrives.
    But it looks like I need a second body to avoid changing lens on some occasions.
    So now I'm keeping the e-pl2. :big grin:

It feels good to have two body which you can bring almost everyday.
    I never had a chance to buy a second body when I was using DSLR. And I was not planning to bring two dslr on occasions/vacations. :big grin:

Yes. SCP is on.

11. Bamamike

Bamamike Mu-43 Regular

Mar 19, 2012
    Koblenz, Germany
    I bought an E-PL2 as a µFT interim body but I will definately sell it since I have a Canon Elph 300 HS as a backup (24-120mm). I will keep the 14-42mm II lens that came with the E-PL2 since the 12-50mm is a not such a good performer but gives you weather sealing. Thanks to Oly/Pana that they offer so many good primes, I'm waiting for the 75mm 1.8:rolleyes:
    Cheers,
    Mike