1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

E-M5 cat overload

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by ptolemyx, Jun 24, 2012.

1. ptolemyx

ptolemyx Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 19, 2012
    Vancouver, BC
    Ben
    So as a rugged, stoic, manly sort of man, I don't normally go to cat shows... but my wife really wanted to have a look, and so I thought it would be a fun to take some OMG SO MANY CUTE CATS!!! pictures.

All with the Olympus 45/1.8. I took about 350 shots, of which I kept 45 and put them on my flickr page. Have a look; I've never shot an event before, so feedback is appreciated. :) 

Garden City Cat Show 2012 - a set on Flickr

As for the camera, it was hugely fun to use for this shoot. I was surprised at how many keepers I got. And the lens was perfect, since I was able to keep 5-6 feet from my subjects and still get good coverage.

• Like Like x 2
  2. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    A lot of really nice shots! I think you picked the perfect lens for this shoot. I need a good, fast lens for shooting my own cats. I've been concerned that 45mm might be too long for much use indoors. But after looking at your shots, I'm more convinced I should give it a go. Thanks for sharing! :smile:

3. ptolemyx

ptolemyx Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 19, 2012
    Vancouver, BC
    Ben
    Thanks, twokatmew!

The lens really was perfect for this setup. Although I could have used an even longer reach to get a bit closer to the judging areas...

FWIW, I find the 25mm better for indoors use.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Uwharrie

Uwharrie Mu-43 Veteran

May 10, 2012
    North Carolina
    Lynne Ezzell
    Great shots!

5. ptolemyx

ptolemyx Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 19, 2012
    Vancouver, BC
    Ben
    Thanks, Uwharrie :) 

6. ryanlogic

ryanlogic Mu-43 Veteran

May 23, 2012
    Antakya, Turkey
    I was in the air about this lens.... this set sold me. thanks, great shots!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.