1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

E-M5 cat overload

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by ptolemyx, Jun 24, 2012.

1. ptolemyx

ptolemyx Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 19, 2012
    Vancouver, BC
    Ben
    So as a rugged, stoic, manly sort of man, I don't normally go to cat shows... but my wife really wanted to have a look, and so I thought it would be a fun to take some OMG SO MANY CUTE CATS!!! pictures.

All with the Olympus 45/1.8. I took about 350 shots, of which I kept 45 and put them on my flickr page. Have a look; I've never shot an event before, so feedback is appreciated. :)

Garden City Cat Show 2012 - a set on Flickr

As for the camera, it was hugely fun to use for this shoot. I was surprised at how many keepers I got. And the lens was perfect, since I was able to keep 5-6 feet from my subjects and still get good coverage.

• Like Like x 2
  2. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    A lot of really nice shots! I think you picked the perfect lens for this shoot. I need a good, fast lens for shooting my own cats. I've been concerned that 45mm might be too long for much use indoors. But after looking at your shots, I'm more convinced I should give it a go. Thanks for sharing! :smile:

3. ptolemyx

ptolemyx Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 19, 2012
    Vancouver, BC
    Ben
    Thanks, twokatmew!

The lens really was perfect for this setup. Although I could have used an even longer reach to get a bit closer to the judging areas...

FWIW, I find the 25mm better for indoors use.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Uwharrie

Uwharrie Mu-43 Veteran

May 10, 2012
    North Carolina
    Lynne Ezzell
    Great shots!

5. ptolemyx

ptolemyx Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 19, 2012
    Vancouver, BC
    Ben
    Thanks, Uwharrie :)

6. ryanlogic

ryanlogic Mu-43 Veteran

May 23, 2012
    Antakya, Turkey
    I was in the air about this lens.... this set sold me. thanks, great shots!!