1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

E-M5 and Micro Nikon 200f4

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by nickname_74, Feb 6, 2014.

1. nickname_74

nickname_74 New to Mu-43

Feb 6, 2014
    Hi,first time for me in this forum...
    I have mounted Nikon 200 f4 with the adaptor on the E-M5.
    When I set the aperture f13, f16, in condition of not bright light ( macro ) , the LCD and the EVF become dark, very dark, also if I set the correct S for the exposure.
    Is there a solution for this problem? or the only solution is to focus with the maximum aperture and the close it and take the shot ?

thanks in advance
    Nicola

2. ThomD

ThomD Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    This lens has been on my radar for a while, so I'm very interested in your experience with it.

Yes, since adapted lenses do not control the aperture from the camera, focus and then stop down sounds right. Some cameras adapted the brightness of the LCD to reflect the final image and some don't. If the EM5 does this (sounds like it does) can you turn it off? On the setup menu, look at the Monitor Brightness setting. Page 85 of the manual.

3. nickname_74

nickname_74 New to Mu-43

Feb 6, 2014
    Thank u ThomD for yr reply.
    I tried to manage the Monitor Brightness setting but I don't find the possibility to turn it off...only to increase or decrease the luminosity ( +/- 2 ) or the color temperature...:frown:

4. RamblinR

RamblinR Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 16, 2012
    Sunshine Coast, Qld Australia
    Maria
    The adjustment you wish to make is in the D cog settings, second page, 4th item.

5. ThomD

ThomD Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    That makes me laugh. That's a lot of menus. (Not that there's anything wrong with that..)

6. nickname_74

nickname_74 New to Mu-43

Feb 6, 2014
    I'm sorry but I don't see any difference from Mode Close Up " mode1 " and " mode 2" in this case.
    The exposure is correct but the screen is always dark

7. Reflector

Reflector Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 31, 2013
    If you're using a Speedbooster there's a quick way to focus and set aperture without having to use the aperture ring on the lens twice:
    Set your lens to the desired aperture. Set the Speedbooster to F, adjust for focus and set it back to 8.

8. ThomD

ThomD Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    I think that's the 3rd item. Look for Live view boost on D cog. Also, look at EVF Adjust under Cog J, but that may be the similar to Monitor Brightness.