E-M5 after using for a long time

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Braza, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Braza

Braza Mu-43 Regular

Jan 31, 2013
    How looks your E-M5 after months and years of active use? Whether there are scratches? How it looks? :)
  2. darosk

darosk Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 17, 2013
    Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
    I've only been using mine for 4 months - but I take it out with me and shoot every day. Slight wear visible on the top, especially the hotshoe, but other than that still looks great since I've had it in a Gariz Half-case pretty much the whole time.

There's also a nick on the EVF glass from when I lost the eyecup.
  3. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Slight wear in the normal places (black body), but nothing that negatively affects function. And a small dent in the corner of the screen where it got dropped.
  4. christofp

christofp Mu-43 Regular

Jul 21, 2012
    My silver one looks nearly new...

Have the silver E-M5 for 17 months now. Used it alot, about 35k exposures. That is quite a number for me ...

Still looks very good, only a tiny bit of the black color on the right side has gone, but you would have to look very close. The silver colored parts have no sign of wear yet.

I am sad because I will have to sell it (Because I buy the E-M1). And E-M1 is not available in silver, twice as sad :-(
  5. Lindsay D

Lindsay D Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 2, 2013
    West Sussex, England
    I'm quite upset that they didn't bring out the EM1 in silver - it would have looked a lot better in my opinion, in all black it looks like a small and slightly weird DSLR, with none of the character of the EM5. Still, at least I can put my silver lenses on it, which helps.

After nearly a year my EM5 is immaculate, I keep it in a leather half case to prevent the bottom from scratching.
  6. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Mine's got some finish scuffed off especially on the flash hot shoe edges.
  7. Pili

Pili Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 16, 2012
    Boulder, CO
    Mine has held up pretty well overall, though the main dial broke off once and I had to send the camera in for repair. I do find that all of the angles trap dust and sand though, so I usually brush it off once every 2 weeks or so.

Actually, I'm pretty happy with how well it's held up considering it's seen heavy beach and outdoor use, spilled beer, rain, drunken snapshots, and my sweaty mitts :D
  8. NikkoExiledInSF

NikkoExiledInSF Mu-43 Regular

Feb 8, 2011
    Wiltshire, UK
    Mine is mint and it's not like I don't use it a fair bit.

9. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    Mine has had some accidental rough treatment, which I feel bad about cause I try to treat my stuff well. But the camera has weathered things beautifully. There are a few scuffs and chips in the silver finish, but they're minor scrapes.
  10. HarryS

HarryS Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 23, 2012
    Midwest, USA
    Fifteen months. I've lost two eye cups. The LCD bezel was cracked, but I never bothered to send it in for repair. There are scratches on the bottom where I used a tripod. Also has a few more scratches on the edges of the bottom plate.

Black OMD. Looks like some paint wearing off on the front edge of the top plate just in front of the shutter button.
  11. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2013
    I've had mine for 14 or so months and it's like new.