E-M5.3, no ISO/WB button function?

rlb

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Rob
I'm coming from a 10.2 which has an ISO/WB custom button function (the front dial controls WB and the rear ISO, or vice-versa). On my 5.3 I'm not seeing that option (only separate ISO or WB functions) and the manual seems to confirm a lack of this. Looking to get some feedback here in case I'm missing something?

From the E-M10 manual:
1605407167130.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

WaltP

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Colorado, USA, Terra, Sol, W. Milky Way, 80905
I'm coming from a 10.2 which has an ISO/WB custom button function (the front dial controls WB and the rear ISO, or vice-versa). On my 5.3 I'm not seeing that option (only separate ISO or WB functions) and the manual seems to confirm a lack of this. Looking to get some feedback here in case I'm missing something?

From the E-M10 manual:
View attachment 858099 5
5.2 has it on the right arrow as a default - you need to also choose to not have the arrows be "direct cursor control". You might start there. I think it is also available on the "multi-function" button, if you assign it.

rlb

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Rob
5.2 has it on the right arrow as a default - you need to also choose to not have the arrows be "direct cursor control". You might start there. I think it is also available on the "multi-function" button, if you assign it.

I'll check out the arrow button, thanks. It's not one of the options in the multi-function assignment, I did look into that.

You should be able to set this with the dial function setting under "B." You can set each dial for 2 different functions, and it plays off the FN lever.

Thanks, will check into this too. I still need to dig into the manual some more and this was one of the things on my list, so maybe this can solve the problem. Having the combined ISO/WB function assigned to the ISO button would be my preference, but I guess I need to work within the options I have.

meredith

Mu-43 Rookie
I do have my ISO button set to multi, and WB among the options there. I may have changed the available multi options from the default though - that's in the "D1" menu.

rlb

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Rob
I do have my ISO button set to multi, and WB among the options there. I may have changed the available multi options from the default though - that's in the "D1" menu.

Thanks, I saw this option. I'm looking for the iso and wb combined from a single button, but I have not seen it anywhere on the 5.3

Hendrik

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Hendrik
Since its introduction, the lever has been where this function is found. Position 1 is 'normal' and Position 2 is your choice.
In Menu B:
Fn Lever/Power Lever = Fn
Fn Lever Function = mode 1
Dial Function: the functions are assignable.
Unlike previous versions, there is no dedicated screen with the rear dial at bottom and the front dial at top. Instead, the selected functions highlight in yellow on the normal view screen.

For my money, the E-M5.3 has the best implementation of the lever to date.

Latest threads

Top Bottom