E-M1ii firmware update problem ...

Growltiger

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I have found that certain things are not retained in a firmware update on my EM1 II. It will create a new wifi password, and it will not save shutter speed settings in the C1, C2, and C3 settings.
The C1 etc issue was fixed. It wasn't just shutter speed, it was also aperture. (Depends on the mode).
Are you running the latest firmware? Are you updating the official way?

The C1 etc issue was fixed. It wasn't just shutter speed, it was also aperture. (Depends on the mode).
Are you running the latest firmware? Are you updating the official way?
I did an update a month or 2 ago, not sure if it was most recent. I follow the onscreen prompts and do what it says, some is poorly worded though.

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ross
There have been a few firmware updates where the settings were explicitly reset (E-m1 mark I version 4.6 for example). But in general, the settings are preserved.

Not the last two, as 'minor' updates, they are still reset & therefore the Olympus Updater (thru Oly Workspace) saves the settings first & then can be reinstated after the update. Of course the settings can be saved at any time with it too. This does not apply to the E-M1 (Mk I) though.

1588909195496.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

connloyalist

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Christine
Not the last two, as 'minor' updates, they are still reset & therefore the Olympus Updater (thru Oly Workspace) saves the settings first & then can be reinstated after the update. Of course the settings can be saved at any time with it too. This does not apply to the E-M1 (Mk I) though.

View attachment 821036

Sorry to pick up on an old thread, but this screenshot applies to my question. My E-M1 Mark II currently has firmware 3.1 The newer firmware versions don't really have features that I NEED, but I prefer to not let my firmware go too far out of date.

However, there is the "reset" thing. I haven't updated my camera firmware often enough to know the ins and outs of the process. Is there a way of saving the settings, then doing the update that includes the reset, and reloading the settings? Or do I have to go through the entire menu, write down all my settings and then go back in afterwards and redo everything based on what I wrote down?

Regards, C.

Growltiger

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Sorry to pick up on an old thread, but this screenshot applies to my question. My E-M1 Mark II currently has firmware 3.1 The newer firmware versions don't really have features that I NEED, but I prefer to not let my firmware go too far out of date.

However, there is the "reset" thing. I haven't updated my camera firmware often enough to know the ins and outs of the process. Is there a way of saving the settings, then doing the update that includes the reset, and reloading the settings? Or do I have to go through the entire menu, write down all my settings and then go back in afterwards and redo everything based on what I wrote down?

Regards, C.
If you update the E-M1 II using the standard Olympus method, using Olympus Workspace, it automatically stores your settings and then restores them afterwards.
You can also save and restore the settings manually, from a file stored on your computer, again using Olympus Workspace.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom