1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

E-M10's.... Where are they?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by 2112, Apr 7, 2014.

1. 2112

2112 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 3, 2014
    Emerald Isle, NC.
    Mark
    Under estimate how they would sell?

Did they just not produce enough?

They are back ordered everywhere here in the states.. B&H now says they are due in the first part of may, and that was pushed back from the middle of April. Not sure if I should wait or go with something else... I already purchased my wife a E-PL5 w/14-42mm (very sweet camera) and purchased a 40-140mm and Sigma 30mm for us to share, so I'm kind of locked into Olympus or Panasonic.

Come on Olympus push some out soon...

PS: I did see someone selling a black body, but I'm waiting for a silver one.

2. duke

duke Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    Tulsa, moving to Houston
    Duke
    • Like Like x 1
  3. 2112

2112 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 3, 2014
    Emerald Isle, NC.
    Mark
    B&H would be the way to go with the combo savings they are offering. I looking at the E-M10 & 14-42 EZ pancake lens for $948 and know one is offering that deal other than B&H that I have found.

Thanks

4. DL Photo

DL Photo Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 15, 2012
    Richmond, BC, Canada
    Dave
    I tried to order the doby with additional discounted lenses in Canada, but the body was backordered.

Called Olympus Canada (which I believe is really Olympus USA since they only have one call center).. The customer service rep said that if I can find the body elsewhere and provide proof of purchase, they would honor their discounts on the lenses. I don't think they care where we buy the camera as long as we have their product.

I did this about a month ago and have had all gear since then.

Give Olympus US a call and see what they will do for you.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Leif

Leif Mu-43 Regular

Sep 28, 2012
    Germany
    Leif
    At least here in Germany they sell pretty well and you've to be fast to get one. When they get a stock in the morning it's pretty often already sold out in the evening. But I'm not really suprised - it's a fantastic package and we're getting closer to the holidays.

• Like Like x 1
  6. kgeissler

kgeissler Mu-43 Regular

Oct 25, 2012
    Rowlett, TX
    I ordered mine from Samys.com last week and should be delivered tomorrow. Samy's was also offering the lens deal, got my e-m10 with EZ lens for $948 shipped. Try there.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  7. 2112

2112 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 3, 2014
    Emerald Isle, NC.
    Mark

I checked at Samys and they are zero balance on both black and silver also.

Thanks

8. 2112

2112 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 3, 2014
    Emerald Isle, NC.
    Mark
    I just went ahead and reordered from B&H and I'll just ride it out.. I was told I could get my place back in queue once I reordered since a lot of orders are waiting to be filled.

Thanks everyone for posting... A round of thanks on me..

9. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    Olympus really nailed it with E-M10: beautiful camera, high end feel, with all the right features and, most importantly, the right launch price.

I've never been so excited shooting with any other camera. The form factor is brilliant. It is as small as E-PL5 but with many more useful features and premium build. It made me realize the importance of EVF/lens alignment. IMO, it is the only current m43 camera which is worth its launch price.

I bought mine from Kenmore Camera a few weeks ago.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Anthonys

Anthonys Mu-43 Regular

Nov 17, 2011
    Sydney
    Anthony
    Strange as every shop I visited in London over the weekend had at least one on display and stock. Seems most online retailers have stock too. Maybe they aren't selling as well in the UK or maybe they allocated more here..

• Like Like x 1
  11. db96

db96 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 10, 2012
    Central Indiana
    My husband got his from Roberts about month ago. Although he got his in person, it looks like they have at least the kits on line.

• Like Like x 1
  12. adi10times

adi10times Mu-43 Regular

Apr 24, 2010
    Bandung, Indonesia
    Michael Adi P.
    I'm also waiting for EM10 to come, Olympus announced its official price in early March but still no news about its launcing and availability until now.
    I thought maybe Olympus pushed sell in Europe and US first then in Asia but EM10 is already availble in Singapore. I guess I have to wait a bit longer.

Should I climb mount Fuji instead? :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Benzy

Benzy Mu-43 Regular

Mar 18, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  14. 2112

2112 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 3, 2014
    Emerald Isle, NC.
    Mark
    Now they need to get the silver bodies in and ship my order...lol

Thanks

15. WESO

WESO Mu-43 Regular

Feb 12, 2014
    I got one of the last black bodies in the uk on 26th March having phoned 7 different suppliers, silver was my 1st choice. I do feel that Olympus brought in too many kits and not enough body only packages.
    It might be just my view but I don't think the EM10 is a entry level camera, hence in my view many buyers in uk are existing micro 4/3rds users upgrading who have already got a gadget bag full of kit lenses.
    I believe the supply situation has since improved a fraction according to some...
    Delighted with purchase, now back to the Olympus menu system....

• Like Like x 1
  16. correos.e

correos.e Mu-43 Regular

Jan 25, 2012
    got mine on bestbuy

17. Matero

Matero Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 22, 2013
    Finland
    Here's mine :D

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397306990.572212.

18. 2112

2112 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 3, 2014
    Emerald Isle, NC.
    Mark
    Must be nice Matero. Hope B&H gets mine in soon.

19. Matero

Matero Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 22, 2013
    Finland
    Yes, it really is. I have also PEN E-P5, which really is phenomenal little photographing device, but sometimes I value more the EVF hump of E-M10.

It took long before I got my hands on sliver one. I could have bought black body earlier but because majority of my lenses are silver and E-P5 is silver too, I waited for silver E-M10.

Now all I need is the sun show itself. Colours are so lame in these latitude I'm living this time of year...

20. QualityBuiltIn

QualityBuiltIn Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 1, 2011
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    I had a hands-n try of one today at Jessops in Glasgow. Lovely little box of tricks. But not enough of an upgrade over my E-PL5 to justify the spend. But I really do like the EVF.