E-M10ii stopped down AF possible?

AFAIK, spherical aberration always poses slight focusing troubles for fast lenses (less than F/2) as the body usually focuses wide open and then stops down to take the photo shifting a bit the focus plane.
I found out that I can MF with the E-M10ii having the lens stopped down to whatever aperture I want and I wonder if I can persuade the camera to do the same in AF modes.
Anybody knows if it is possible and how to do this?

ScottinPollock

Mu-43 Veteran
To the best of my knowledge, all cameras with auto-aperture autofocus wide open and then stop down for preview and shutter release. I don't know if lenses with a manual aperture ring do the same thing as I don't own any, but I would be surprised if they did not behave the same way. Of course manual lenses would have to autofocus using the set aperture as there is no way for the camera to change that.

This would be a nice feature to have though as some lenses (like the Panny 25/1.7) have a bit of focus shift between wide open and mid range apertures.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom