1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

E-M10ii focus bracketing.

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Dave in Wales, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Dave in Wales

Dave in Wales Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 5, 2011
    West Wales

A macro dream.

Firmware update for the E-M1...I doubt it very much :(

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Tapper

Tapper Mu-43 Regular

Mar 12, 2013
    Great feature. I really hope this gets added to EM5II via firmware update. I love macro.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. evilnim

evilnim Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 27, 2012
    Birmingham
    Argh. Tremendous feature. They will definitely hold it for the EM-1 mk II DAMMIT

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 mobile app

4. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    Do any of the other manufacturers have this or a similar feature?

5. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
    yep, potential good feature for macro!

6. mft

mft New to Mu-43

Jul 28, 2015
    Can someone elaborate on the "stacking" process?

Programs in addition to Photoshop that can do stacking?

7. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Maybe, maybe not. They brought Live Composite to the E-M10 first & then it came to the E-M1 & now this in the E-M10 Mk II & since the E-M1 is said it isn't to be replaced till later next year, then I would think this addition to the present E-M1 (if possible) would help with continued sales of the E-M1. If it is only a matter of firmware then it would only be sensible to bring it to the E-M1 now (soon) & when the E-M1 Mk II comes it may have a further improved version of it, along with a new sensor (a wishful hope from many) & other features to make it desirable & relevant in the market at the time of release.

8. Drdul

Drdul Mu-43 Regular

May 16, 2015
    Vancouver, BC
    Richard
    Is the focus bracketing feature of use for anything other than macro shots? For example, could I use it in street photography, where I typically shoot in manual focus mode with the focus distance set at approx. 2.5 m. Sometimes, I end up with a photo with a person close to the camera (around 1 m or so) who isn't in focus. Could I use the focus stacking feature and set it to take a small number of photos (say 3) with the focus distance varying by half a metre or so? My understanding is that in focus bracketing mode the camera shoots at 11 fps, so it would only take a fraction of a second to shoot three photos at varying focus distances, which means that in that short amount of time I wouldn't often miss what I was taking a photo of, and might be able to save some photos where the focus would otherwise be off.

9. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    A screenshot of the focus-Bracketting feature choices would be helpful in understanding this.

10. Holoholo55

Holoholo55 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 13, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Walter
    I don't know much more about this feature than what's in the news, but my guess is that the bracket range would be quite narrow to facilitate macro photos. Not for something as big a range as you're asking. Maybe something like the Lytro Light Field process would be along the lines you're thinking.

Though I doubt it'd happen, I would be very happy to see this come to the EM1 via a firmware update. Is it possible, Olympus?