1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

E-M10 Trouble?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by osterdahl, May 14, 2014.

1. osterdahl

osterdahl Mu-43 Regular

Nov 8, 2011
    Sweden
    Leif Österdahl
    Hello!

I find it very hard to mount my lenses on the camera (pana 14mm f/2.5, oly 50mm f/1.8, oly 45mm f/1.8), the pana feels a little harder than the oly:s.
    I have (in my opinion) to turn it very hard to get it in place on the camera. It is a lot of resistance I think.

Should it be like that? Or maybe I am just imaginating this. But I can´t remember that my E-M5 was so "tight" as this camera.

Hope that You understand what I mean, English is not my native language...

Happy for comments on this, I am a little worried of eventually breaking something.

//Leif

2. dombi

dombi Mu-43 Regular

Oct 30, 2013
    Previously I had a GX1 camera, and purchased 3 Lumix lens for it. The lens were quite easy to mount on that body, without any resistance, as you call it.

I recently switched to an E-M10 and noticed the same thing as you are describing here. The Pana lens feel quite tight when mounting on the E-M10's body.

I've read similar experiences from others on this forum. So I don't think that you should worry about it.
    The E-M10's mount is just a bit tighter that the others, but this shouldn't affect anything else.

3. WendyK

WendyK Super Moderator

Feb 28, 2014
    Northern Virginia
    Wendy
    Many of us have had that issue with at least one or two lenses (for me it was the Oly 25mm and Oly 45mm) but it gets better over time. It probably took a couple of weeks to notice a significant improvement.

4. DL Photo

DL Photo Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 15, 2012
    Richmond, BC, Canada
    Dave
    My 17 1.8 and 45 1.8 are still fairly tight even after a couple of months. But I am used to having them fit a little tighter. As long as you don't have to really forecfuly turn them they should be fine.

5. osterdahl

osterdahl Mu-43 Regular

Nov 8, 2011
    Sweden
    Leif Österdahl
    Thank You for the info!
    Now I am a little bit calmer. :)
    I tried all lenses on my old E-P1, and on that camera all mounts a lot easier.
    So, it's maybe a question of the mount on the E-M10 beeing a little bit tighter as You say.
    Hope it will be better in a couple of weeks then.

6. crossen

crossen Mu-43 Regular

Apr 26, 2014
    Ohio

This is a known problem with some EM10s, Some people have given up and returned the camera since they find that it does not improve over time. There are two threads on this on dpreview in the last couple of months.

I have found a solution that works for me and for some others who have tried it: nasal sebum, sometimes called "nose grease." A tiny bit on a finger, rubbed once around the flat flange of the camera. I have found that this tiny amount does not leak into my camera. (I was reluctant to try any other lubricant since it is so hard to make sure that the amount used is miniscule, and I felt there is danger of capillary movement of the lubricant into the camera body.)

Notice that this method is at your own risk. If you do try it, why not post your experience here.

Crossen

7. osterdahl

osterdahl Mu-43 Regular

Nov 8, 2011
    Sweden
    Leif Österdahl
    Worked really well! Now it´s very smooth! Thank You!

8. h2odogizzy

h2odogizzy Mu-43 Regular

Mar 16, 2014
    The oils from your forehead work easily as well. Who would have thought?:smile:

9. Klorenzo

Klorenzo Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 10, 2014
    Lorenzo
    Worked fine for the Oly 60 on E-M10 too, the only lens I own with this problem.