E-M10 - struggling to send pics to phone

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by TheEmrys, Jul 23, 2014.

1. TheEmrys

TheEmrys New to Mu-43

Jul 20, 2014
    This is sort of weird, but I have lost the ability to send pics from my e-m10 to my phone. I have done it a couple of times, but now I cannot.get the phone to see the camera as a wi-fi hotspot. I have.done the QR code, and synced it up that way. I also manually input the password into the wifi access point list on my phone, but that doesn't change how it would see a wifi AP. The wifi icon is displayed on my screen,as well. I know I must be missing a way to turn on the antennae, but I am not seeing it. Thanks in advance.

2. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I didn't know what was happening when I first got my iPad (after I had scanned etc), but my son went straight to the 'Settings' & selected the camera's WiFi instead of the home WiFi (out of the listed recognised or seen by my iPad) & that is what I need to do before using the Olympus OIShare & maybe that is similar to your situation too.

3. TheEmrys

TheEmrys New to Mu-43

Jul 20, 2014
    The wi-fi on the camera itself never turns on. Just hit the reset wi-fi settings, and no change.

4. TheEmrys

TheEmrys New to Mu-43

Jul 20, 2014
    So, when I try going through the Connect to Smartphone under menu 3, I get the info screen, followed by the Install Olympus Image Share screen. Then I get a screen that says starting wi-fi for a couple of seconds, immediately followed by wi-fi stopping. The wireless network never appears for the camera, either on my phone, or on my tablet which has wi-fi diagnostic apps.

5. hemuni

hemuni Mu-43 Regular

Jun 18, 2014
    Try removing the battery from the camera and if that doesn't help try resetting the camera.

6. I've read that competing wifi access points may contribute to problems staying connected to your camera's wifi signal; seems that some phones will switch to a nearby access point if the current one doesn't provide an internet connection.

7. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    ^^ I'm having that problem with my E-M10 and Samsung SIII. So far I've been unable to use the geotagging feature because of this. Still working on a solution.

8. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    The first thing that came to mind when I saw the title was:

et_phone_home_by_brandtk-d65asj0.

• Like Like x 1