1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

E-M10 - struggling to send pics to phone

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by TheEmrys, Jul 23, 2014.

1. TheEmrys

TheEmrys New to Mu-43

Jul 20, 2014
    This is sort of weird, but I have lost the ability to send pics from my e-m10 to my phone. I have done it a couple of times, but now I cannot.get the phone to see the camera as a wi-fi hotspot. I have.done the QR code, and synced it up that way. I also manually input the password into the wifi access point list on my phone, but that doesn't change how it would see a wifi AP. The wifi icon is displayed on my screen,as well. I know I must be missing a way to turn on the antennae, but I am not seeing it. Thanks in advance.

2. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I didn't know what was happening when I first got my iPad (after I had scanned etc), but my son went straight to the 'Settings' & selected the camera's WiFi instead of the home WiFi (out of the listed recognised or seen by my iPad) & that is what I need to do before using the Olympus OIShare & maybe that is similar to your situation too.

3. TheEmrys

TheEmrys New to Mu-43

Jul 20, 2014
    The wi-fi on the camera itself never turns on. Just hit the reset wi-fi settings, and no change.

4. TheEmrys

TheEmrys New to Mu-43

Jul 20, 2014
    So, when I try going through the Connect to Smartphone under menu 3, I get the info screen, followed by the Install Olympus Image Share screen. Then I get a screen that says starting wi-fi for a couple of seconds, immediately followed by wi-fi stopping. The wireless network never appears for the camera, either on my phone, or on my tablet which has wi-fi diagnostic apps.

5. hemuni

hemuni Mu-43 Regular

Jun 18, 2014
    Try removing the battery from the camera and if that doesn't help try resetting the camera.

6. ex machina

ex machina Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 3, 2014
    Northern Virgnia
    I've read that competing wifi access points may contribute to problems staying connected to your camera's wifi signal; seems that some phones will switch to a nearby access point if the current one doesn't provide an internet connection.

7. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    ^^ I'm having that problem with my E-M10 and Samsung SIII. So far I've been unable to use the geotagging feature because of this. Still working on a solution.

8. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    The first thing that came to mind when I saw the title was:

et_phone_home_by_brandtk-d65asj0.

• Like Like x 1