E-M10 Silver Body (Reconditioned) $560

Jonathan F/2

Mu-43 Legend
It's 140 less for a practically like new unit.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

California has about 9% sales tax...that's about $50 making the total price around $610. Not that big of a savings from brand new in a taxed state. Like I said though, if no tax it's a great deal!

HaViet

Mu-43 Veteran
I hear you. Majority of online retailers these days collect taxes.

But, wouldn't a new EM10 be taxed also if you live in a taxed state?

Replytoken

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ken
That has been the standard refurb price for E-M10's. They are now showing up more frequently. If they ever run another additional 20% off, it would be an outstanding price.

--Ken

dougjgreen

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Doug Green
I hear you. Majority of online retailers these days collect taxes.

But, wouldn't a new EM10 be taxed also if you live in a taxed state?

Not really. If you live on the West Coast, all of the major New York vendors, including B&H, Adorama, Cameta, etc. don't charge sales tax outside of NY and NJ (and maybe CT, you tell me). If you live in the New York metro area, Samy's doesn't charge tax (but they do to me here in California). As a Californian, I'd much rather buy my refurbs from Cameta than from the Olympus Outlet because of that big tax difference. And I buy my new gear from the aforementioned B&H, Cameta, or Adorama.

HaViet

Mu-43 Veteran
Not really. If you live on the West Coast, all of the major New York vendors, including B&H, Adorama, Cameta, etc. don't charge sales tax outside of NY and NJ (and maybe CT, you tell me). If you live in the New York metro area, Samy's doesn't charge tax (but they do to me here in California). As a Californian, I'd much rather buy my refurbs from Cameta than from the Olympus Outlet because of that big tax difference. And I buy my new gear from the aforementioned B&H, Cameta, or Adorama.

How are refurb prices on Cameta? Do they run additional 20% off like Olympus?

dougjgreen

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Doug Green
How are refurb prices on Cameta? Do they run additional 20% off like Olympus?

They tend to be similar to Olympus without the 20% off. So without a 20% sale, Cameta is cheaper to me by the amount of the tax (8-9% depending upon where in California you are). But if Oly is running 20% off, they will tend to be 11-12% cheaper than Cameta.

edwardconde

Mu-43 All-Pro
They tend to be similar to Olympus without the 20% off. So without a 20% sale, Cameta is cheaper to me by the amount of the tax (8-9% depending upon where in California you are). But if Oly is running 20% off, they will tend to be 11-12% cheaper than Cameta.

Also Cameta adds a yr warranty to item. I have bought most of my refurbs from them for that reason. Where OLY is only 90days with an option to buy. Plus like J said, no tax for Cali buyers.

Latest threads

Top Bottom