E-M10 Silver Body (Reconditioned) $560

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by HaViet, Jun 6, 2014.

1. HaViet

HaViet Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 20, 2014
    Hartford, CT
  2. MaK543

MaK543 Mu-43 Regular

May 1, 2012
    MD USA
    I miss my K5.. :frown:

3. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Great price if you're in a state with no sales tax. If not, you're probably better off buying brand new.

• Like Like x 1
  4. HaViet

HaViet Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 20, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    It's 140 less for a practically like new unit.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

5. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    California has about 9% sales tax...that's about $50 making the total price around $610. Not that big of a savings from brand new in a taxed state. Like I said though, if no tax it's a great deal!

• Like Like x 1
  6. HaViet

HaViet Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 20, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    I hear you. Majority of online retailers these days collect taxes.

But, wouldn't a new EM10 be taxed also if you live in a taxed state?

7. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    That has been the standard refurb price for E-M10's. They are now showing up more frequently. If they ever run another additional 20% off, it would be an outstanding price.

--Ken

8. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    Not really. If you live on the West Coast, all of the major New York vendors, including B&H, Adorama, Cameta, etc. don't charge sales tax outside of NY and NJ (and maybe CT, you tell me). If you live in the New York metro area, Samy's doesn't charge tax (but they do to me here in California). As a Californian, I'd much rather buy my refurbs from Cameta than from the Olympus Outlet because of that big tax difference. And I buy my new gear from the aforementioned B&H, Cameta, or Adorama.

9. HaViet

HaViet Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 20, 2014
    Hartford, CT

How are refurb prices on Cameta? Do they run additional 20% off like Olympus?

10. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    They tend to be similar to Olympus without the 20% off. So without a 20% sale, Cameta is cheaper to me by the amount of the tax (8-9% depending upon where in California you are). But if Oly is running 20% off, they will tend to be 11-12% cheaper than Cameta.

11. edwardconde

edwardconde Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 8, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Also Cameta adds a yr warranty to item. I have bought most of my refurbs from them for that reason. Where OLY is only 90days with an option to buy. Plus like J said, no tax for Cali buyers.