E-M10 Remote Shutter Release

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by GShooter, Mar 27, 2014.

1. GShooter

GShooter Mu-43 Regular

How do I remotely release the shutter on this camera? I use a Hahnel wireless trigger on my other camera but this requires a remote cord port and unless it is cunningly hidden, I cant find one. I don't have a smart phone.
  2. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    Olympus uses its own port for remote shutter release, rather than a standard plug like Panasonic. There may be adapters, I know there are universal shutter releases that just let you swap out connectors for different camera brands.
  3. GShooter

GShooter Mu-43 Regular

Thank you for the reply. But whereabouts on the camera is the Olympus port? There are only two ports that I can find; USB and A/V OUT. The only information that I can see in the Manual refers to being able to control the shutter by use of a Smart Phone APP. I find it hard to believe that I can only use a function on the camera if I also have a Smart Phone, which I don't.
  4. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
  5. GShooter

GShooter Mu-43 Regular

Thanks for that, but checking the compatibility it only mentions E-M1 and E-M5. I am in UK so can't order from your link. I have referred this query to Olympus European Support and am waiting their reply. Many thanks for your help.
  6. GShooter

GShooter Mu-43 Regular

Update on my last reply. I have just found the information and it is the one you suggested. Once again many thanks.
  7. rfortson

rfortson Mu-43 Veteran

8. angusr

angusr Mu-43 Regular

Sep 21, 2011
    I'm in the UK and bought an eBay knockoff release a few months ago for a few quid. It works fine, but now the ep5 wireless got updated I don't think I'll ever use it so if you want it, I'll stick it in the post to you. PM me. No charge.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Mu-43 mobile app
  9. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    And try the wifi smart phone app

Sent from my SM-N900T using Mu-43 mobile app