E-M10 Remote Shutter Release

GShooter

Mu-43 Regular
How do I remotely release the shutter on this camera? I use a Hahnel wireless trigger on my other camera but this requires a remote cord port and unless it is cunningly hidden, I cant find one. I don't have a smart phone.

madogvelkor

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Olympus uses its own port for remote shutter release, rather than a standard plug like Panasonic. There may be adapters, I know there are universal shutter releases that just let you swap out connectors for different camera brands.

GShooter

Mu-43 Regular
Thank you for the reply. But whereabouts on the camera is the Olympus port? There are only two ports that I can find; USB and A/V OUT. The only information that I can see in the Manual refers to being able to control the shutter by use of a Smart Phone APP. I find it hard to believe that I can only use a function on the camera if I also have a Smart Phone, which I don't.

GShooter

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks for that, but checking the compatibility it only mentions E-M1 and E-M5. I am in UK so can't order from your link. I have referred this query to Olympus European Support and am waiting their reply. Many thanks for your help.

rfortson

Mu-43 Veteran

angusr

Mu-43 Regular
I'm in the UK and bought an eBay knockoff release a few months ago for a few quid. It works fine, but now the ep5 wireless got updated I don't think I'll ever use it so if you want it, I'll stick it in the post to you. PM me. No charge.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Mu-43 mobile app

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom