E-M10 Remote Shutter Release

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by GShooter, Mar 27, 2014.

1. GShooter

GShooter Mu-43 Regular

How do I remotely release the shutter on this camera? I use a Hahnel wireless trigger on my other camera but this requires a remote cord port and unless it is cunningly hidden, I cant find one. I don't have a smart phone.

2. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
    Olympus uses its own port for remote shutter release, rather than a standard plug like Panasonic. There may be adapters, I know there are universal shutter releases that just let you swap out connectors for different camera brands.

3. GShooter

GShooter Mu-43 Regular

Thank you for the reply. But whereabouts on the camera is the Olympus port? There are only two ports that I can find; USB and A/V OUT. The only information that I can see in the Manual refers to being able to control the shutter by use of a Smart Phone APP. I find it hard to believe that I can only use a function on the camera if I also have a Smart Phone, which I don't.

4. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
  5. GShooter

GShooter Mu-43 Regular

Thanks for that, but checking the compatibility it only mentions E-M1 and E-M5. I am in UK so can't order from your link. I have referred this query to Olympus European Support and am waiting their reply. Many thanks for your help.

6. GShooter

GShooter Mu-43 Regular

Update on my last reply. I have just found the information and it is the one you suggested. Once again many thanks.

7. rfortson

rfortson Mu-43 Veteran

8. angusr

angusr Mu-43 Regular

Sep 21, 2011
    I'm in the UK and bought an eBay knockoff release a few months ago for a few quid. It works fine, but now the ep5 wireless got updated I don't think I'll ever use it so if you want it, I'll stick it in the post to you. PM me. No charge.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Mu-43 mobile app

9. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler Subscribing Member

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    And try the wifi smart phone app

Sent from my SM-N900T using Mu-43 mobile app

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.