1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

E-m10 rattle

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by jsaddz, Oct 15, 2014.

1. jsaddz

jsaddz New to Mu-43

Oct 7, 2014
    I've noticed that when I shake my e-m10 there seems to be a something loose inside the evf or inside the camera.everything seems to be functioning good. Is this normal? can anyone shake theirs to see if there's is the same.

2. pepinto_

pepinto_ Mu-43 Regular

Jul 27, 2013
    Hello.
    I think is the sensor. When the camera is turned OFF, it is "loose", but when we turn it ON it becomes "suspended" by the magnetic field of the image stabilisation system. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

P.

3. sushi

sushi Mu-43 Regular

Feb 28, 2013
    Brunei
    Syukri
    As pepinto_ said. Same with my E-M10, wouldn't shake the camera on purpose though haha

4. jsaddz

jsaddz New to Mu-43

Oct 7, 2014
    Thank you for your replies. I was just getting a bit worried. It's just bothersome because I assume something is loose and the noise sounds internal above the screen or inside the evf

5. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Could also be orientation device, that tells the camera which way you have it rotated.

6. Robstar1963

Robstar1963 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 10, 2011
    Isle of Wight England UK
    Robert (Rob)
    Same with mine
    This is definitely the IBIS mechanism
    If you shake the camera (gently) whilst switched off you can hear the rattle
    If you switch the camera on the rattle disappears
    I was a little concerned when I first got mine but not so after I realised what it was
    This is because the sensor is free floating whilst switched off and 'engaged' by the IBIS when switched on which holds it 'still'
    I think the movement is greater or at least more noticeable on the 10 compared to the 5 due to the IBIS being 3 AXIS rather than 5 and of slightly different design
    Regards
    Rob