1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

E-M10 order shipping date moving further and further back.....

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by DL Photo, Feb 26, 2014.

1. DL Photo

DL Photo Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 15, 2012
    Richmond, BC, Canada
    Dave
    I highjacked another thread by mistake so decided to open my own thread.

Preordered the E-M10 and some lenses through Olympus Canada a couple of weeks ago. Initially, the camera was to ship late Feb. Then I was informed that it would ship early March. Now they are telling me late March. Not sure if I want to keep waiting for this stuff. We don't have access to this camera here like you guys do in the USA.

Tempted just to say to hell with Olympus and go out and buy the GX7 which is readily available.

2. RAH

RAH Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 1, 2013
    New Hampshire
    Rich
    I agree that it is annoying having to wait like this. However, I'd wait. I myself am considering getting the E-M10 and am just going to wait. I think it is a more desirable camera than the GX7. Unless you need the new camera for something special like a wedding or vacation trip, use your G16 for now. :)

3. PatrickNSF

PatrickNSF Mu-43 Regular

Sep 30, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    Patrick
    Is Henry's an option for you? I would think it's probably best to wait for what you really want, though the GX7 would be a fine option.

• Like Like x 1
  4. billbooz

billbooz Mu-43 Regular

Jan 23, 2014
    Lynchburg, VA USA
    William H. Booz
    I ordered mine through Amazon last Saturday, the 22nd. It was to arrive on Tuesday, the 25th and actually came on Monday! Say that not make you feel bad, DL Photo, but to ask don't you have alternative ordering sources/options available? Probably a function of how much inventory different retailers get, too. And just to be clear, I live in Central Virginia (USA) and have yet to see any micro 4/3 camera in a store for miles around. Went to the DC area and two stores supposedly carry them but didn't have them in stock. So, we actually don't have that much access to them either.

5. stovi

stovi Mu-43 Regular

Feb 25, 2014
    I'm waiting for mine via an amazon uk "7th March" preorder. Hoping that won't slip as I have a lens sitting here and no camera to put it on! :) I didn't go GX7 primarily because it doesn't have the IS.

http://flickr.com/stovi

6. DynaSport

DynaSport Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 5, 2013
    Dan
    GX7 does have IS....

7. ean10775

ean10775 Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 31, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Eric
    I've learned my lesson by purchasing cameras without hands on experience and therefore won't do it anymore. Its a shame as I had planned on potentially taking advantage of the Olympus promotion by buying an E-M10, 75mm and 25mm, but my local store still doesn't have the camera in stock even though several weeks ago they told me they expected it to receive it the next week. With tomorrow being the last day of the promotion, I've resigned myself to the notion that I'll just be sticking with my 5DII and E-PL1. Good for my pocketbook, not so good for my local shop.

8. stovi

stovi Mu-43 Regular

Feb 25, 2014
    You're right. Sorry I was thinking of the GM1 :)

9. DL Photo

DL Photo Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 15, 2012
    Richmond, BC, Canada
    Dave
    Thank you Patrick! Just ordered through Henry's and it is shipping tomorrow. They only sell it with the kit 14-42II kit lens right now ($100 more) so I well have to sell that lens when it arrives. Olympus told me yesterday that if I buy the body elsewhere and can provide proof of purchase, they will still send me the lenses at the discounted rate.

10. PatrickNSF

PatrickNSF Mu-43 Regular

Sep 30, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    Patrick
    That's great news about Olympus honoring the lens discounts even if you split up your order. It will be interesting to see when the 14-42 EZ starts shipping. Amazon originally stated 2/14, but now's it's pushed back into mid-March.

11. DL Photo

DL Photo Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 15, 2012
    Richmond, BC, Canada
    Dave
    That's the only lens that they say will ship later.
    They currently have the 17 1.8, the 45-150 and the FL-600 in stock and will ship those for me. I imagine that the 14-42 EZ will be late March.

12. DL Photo

DL Photo Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 15, 2012
    Richmond, BC, Canada
    Dave
    Actually, just spoke with Olympus and they are shipping my 14-42EZ lens as well :)

13. PatrickNSF

PatrickNSF Mu-43 Regular

Sep 30, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    Patrick
    That's great. I just noticed that 17th Street Photo (through Amazon) is shipping now and shows 2 in stock. No word yet from my Amazon order. I'll be interested to know how you like it. I used the similar Sony 16-50 collapsable zoom for my former NEX and thought it was not very good (though convenient).

Also, found another review, but just from PC Mag – http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2430365,00.asp

14. Jermonic

Jermonic Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 14, 2012
    Denmark
    Shipping date for E-M10 in Denmark (North Europe?) is around 25th of March. That's what the danish shop where I preordered it, told me. I decided to cancel, and stick with my G3 a little longer.

15. DL Photo

DL Photo Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 15, 2012
    Richmond, BC, Canada
    Dave
    That's actually the first review for this 14-42EZ lens that has any negative comments. One out of a bunch is not bad.

Robin Wong seemed to think that it is in line with the 14-42II as far as IQ and performance. That's all I'm looking for with this lens. Decent quality pictures in a compact zoom. If I really want better pics, I'll strap on the 17 1.8 or my "soon to be purchased" 45 1.8.

16. PatrickNSF

PatrickNSF Mu-43 Regular

Sep 30, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    Patrick
    I agree. I'm planning to use mine as a very small travel kit with the 17/1.8 for things like Disneyland, etc., where a point and shoot would suffice but I need a viewfinder. I plan to stick with primes and/or the 12-40 for general travel and when image quality is more important.

17. DL Photo

DL Photo Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 15, 2012
    Richmond, BC, Canada
    Dave
    Henry's shipped yesterday....received the E-M10 today. Looking forward to taking some shots tomorrow morning.
    Can't wait for the pancake zoom and the 17 1.8.
    After using the 7D and 17-55 for so long....hopefully I'll still appreciate this package.

18. PatrickNSF

PatrickNSF Mu-43 Regular

Sep 30, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    Patrick
    Enjoy the E-M10 today. And that 17/1.8 is a great little lens (and my favorite focal length). I'm planning on trying my hand at it at an aquarium on Monday.

19. Powerray

Powerray New to Mu-43

Mar 4, 2014
    Belgium
    Thibault
    I ordered my body halfway feb and still no date... mailed olympus belgium yesterday what's taking so long :p