E-M10 mk2 tendency to overexpose like the em10?

a_hit_of_meth

Mu-43 Veteran
A few em10 owners including myself noticed a tendency to slightly overexpose certain scenes, we all found workaround for this but it always annoyed me how sometimes it was difficult to predict when it would occur.
Not a big deal for some but I found I was spending more time with my images from the em10 on photoshop correcting the exposure more than on any other body I've owned.
Now I'm considering the mk2, and I'm wondering if the camera which uses the same sensor and truepic vii imaging processor has the same tendencies to overexpose it's images slightly as the original E-m10?

Clint

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Clint
Custom Menu K, Exposure Shift

Outside of that it depends on what you are metering for, and how you're metering. No in camera metering system is perfect.

a_hit_of_meth

Mu-43 Veteran
Custom Menu K, Exposure Shift

Outside of that it depends on what you are metering for, and how you're metering. No in camera metering system is perfect.

This never worked for me on my em10. It would make "regular" scenes darker and not really improve the scenes which I thought were slightly overexposed.

Carbonman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Graham
I set both my E-M10 and E-M1 so the shutter/aperture control is on the front wheel and over/underexposure is on the rear wheel. I ride the exposure compensation as required according to what I see in the EVF. You know, like we did in the film days (without the luxury of previewing the exposure). :coffee:

pdk42

One of the "Eh?" team
I set both my E-M10 and E-M1 so the shutter/aperture control is on the front wheel and over/underexposure is on the rear wheel. I ride the exposure compensation as required according to what I see in the EVF. You know, like we did in the film days (without the luxury of previewing the exposure). :coffee:
Ditto - you can't expect the meter to get it right for all scenes anyhow. One of the big advantages of mirrorless is the ability to preview the exposure. The shadow/highlight blinkies mean that I now NEVER get a poorly exposed shot. It was a different story when I was using a DSLR.

Latest threads

Top Bottom