1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

E-M10 mk2 tendency to overexpose like the em10?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by a_hit_of_meth, Aug 23, 2016.

1. a_hit_of_meth

a_hit_of_meth Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 7, 2012
    A few em10 owners including myself noticed a tendency to slightly overexpose certain scenes, we all found workaround for this but it always annoyed me how sometimes it was difficult to predict when it would occur.
    Not a big deal for some but I found I was spending more time with my images from the em10 on photoshop correcting the exposure more than on any other body I've owned.
    Now I'm considering the mk2, and I'm wondering if the camera which uses the same sensor and truepic vii imaging processor has the same tendencies to overexpose it's images slightly as the original E-m10?

2. Thai-Mike

Thai-Mike Mu-43 Regular

Aug 2, 2016
    Michael
    I use it a few month now. and I have to say, no problems at all.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Clint

Clint Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 22, 2013
    San Diego area, CA
    Clint
    Custom Menu K, Exposure Shift

Outside of that it depends on what you are metering for, and how you're metering. No in camera metering system is perfect.

• Like Like x 1
  4. a_hit_of_meth

a_hit_of_meth Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 7, 2012

This never worked for me on my em10. It would make "regular" scenes darker and not really improve the scenes which I thought were slightly overexposed.

5. Carbonman

Carbonman Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 10, 2014
    Vancouver BC
    Graham
    I set both my E-M10 and E-M1 so the shutter/aperture control is on the front wheel and over/underexposure is on the rear wheel. I ride the exposure compensation as required according to what I see in the EVF. You know, like we did in the film days (without the luxury of previewing the exposure). :coffee:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    Ditto - you can't expect the meter to get it right for all scenes anyhow. One of the big advantages of mirrorless is the ability to preview the exposure. The shadow/highlight blinkies mean that I now NEVER get a poorly exposed shot. It was a different story when I was using a DSLR.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1