E-M10 mk II with the 100-300 mk II lens ????

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Dakota, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Dakota

Dakota Mu-43 Regular

Sep 20, 2016
    Burson, Ca.
    Bill Cook
    Is any one shooting with this combo and how does it perform especially at wildlife and at the top end of the zoom range? I would probably think I would use it with a tripod or a monopod for the high end photos (300mm's). I was thinking about this combo till I saw they are coming out with the mk III version soon. I am not into video at all so waiting for it I will probably pass on it. The price on the mk II is pretty darn good and my get better after they release the mk III version. I might consider the E-m5 II for the weather sealing. Regardless of which one it will also will get the 12-40 Pro for it also I think as well as the 100-300 II. I think these two lenses will do about all I could ask for out of two lenses. I have been dancing around the Olympus cameras for awhile now and its getting close to pulling the trigger. I want to do this once and make sure it is correct and being retired on basically a fixed income one time is it.
    Feedback appreciated thanks Bill

2. Robstar1963

Robstar1963 Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Isle of Wight England UK
    Robert (Rob)
    How about pairing the Panasonic 100-300 ii with a Panasonic G80
    This way you will get the additional benefit of Dual IS ii which gives you combined in camera and O.I.S image stabilisation working together ?
    The 100-300 would perhaps be better balanced with the G80 as the EM10 11 is quite small ( albeit much better with bigger lenses with the superb optional ECG3 grip which I would very highly recommend if you do go with the EM10 11)