1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

E-M10 Mark ll Re-release Date??

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by kevin boyer, Sep 27, 2015.

1. kevin boyer

kevin boyer Mu-43 Regular

Sep 26, 2013
    Bozeman MT / Winder GA
    Kevin
    After much deliberation, and hours of reading online reviews, I had decided on the E-M10 as my next camera to replace my Pany G5, only to be blindsided by the release of the M10 Mark ll. I was ready to pull the trigger on the Mark ll, only to blindsided again with the recall. I still want the Mark ll, but am not sure when to purchase one not knowing if I will be getting the revised edition. Does anyone have any updates?

2. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    I notice that Olympus USA and B&H have the mark II listed as out of stock. I suspect when they begin to sell them again it will be the newer ones.

3. D MATIC

D MATIC Mu-43 Regular

Jul 18, 2012
    I'm on the same boat. I asked in the BH forum on this site. No answer. As mentioned above I can only assume the "new stock" will be the good ones.

4. kevin boyer

Sep 26, 2013
    Bozeman MT / Winder GA
    Kevin
    Thanks Steve. I saw the same thing on those sites as well as Adorama. I don't mind waiting at this point. My mind is numb with all the info I've been reading. I've gone back and forth between the E-M10 Mark ll, and the Panasonic Lumix DMC LX100 for the good part of the last 3 weeks trying to weigh the differences. All I DO know is that I really want good stabilization in my next camera.

5. bacil

bacil Mu-43 Regular

Nov 24, 2012
    Minnesota
    I buy e-m10 mark ii locally to take advantage of the trade-in $150 offer. They said yesterday, 1 more week.

6. Clint

Clint Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 22, 2013
    San Diego area, CA
    Clint
    Since you had already convinced yourself of an E-M10 and were 'blindsided' by the announcement and recall of the Mk II you could still get the original version now!

7. kevin boyer

Sep 26, 2013
    Bozeman MT / Winder GA
    Kevin
    I thought about that Clint, but decided to wait for the Mark ll to get the 5 axis stabilization.

8. Lettermanian

Lettermanian Mu-43 Regular

Oct 4, 2014
    Surrey BC, Canada
    Last year I chose a Panasonic GX7 after using the EM1 for about a month (didn't like the video quality of the EM1 which was important to me), but now with the new specs of the EM10 ii, I may think of selling the GX7 and reverting back to Olympus. I prefer the Olympus lenses, and I really miss that 5-axis stabilization that the EM1 had. After a year of shooting I am convinced that Oly lenses on a Panny body is not the best combination. So, back to Olympus I will probably go (and I'll just have to force myself to deal with their convoluted UI). :)

9. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    The EM5 II is more expensive but supposedly has much better video than the other OMDs.

10. MilesH

MilesH New to Mu-43

Sep 6, 2015
  11. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
  12. kevin boyer

Sep 26, 2013
    Bozeman MT / Winder GA
    Kevin
  13. bacil

bacil Mu-43 Regular

Nov 24, 2012
    Minnesota
    Argh that's too long. I am without camera

14. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    Is there nothing you can get cheaply to fill in the gap until then? An EPM2 or something similar? Looked at something used?

• Like Like x 1
  15. bacil

bacil Mu-43 Regular

Nov 24, 2012
    Minnesota
    Thank you Andrew. I am thinking about the $299 E-PL6 but I don't need both cameras. So, I think I will have to wait.

16. bacil

bacil Mu-43 Regular

Nov 24, 2012
    Minnesota
    Yesterday I got a phone call from the camera store that my EM10 mark ii is ready for pick up. So, I went there today and the camera was ready. I brought the serial number list for cameras with issues with me to check and the camera was one of those with problem. Olympus put a piece of paper inside the box saying that although the serial number of the camera is among those with the connection issue, it guarantees that everything has been serviced and as new. I was so disappointed. I said I wanted to wait for another one that is not on the list. A new camera that comes from a batch without issue, not a camera that has been fixed by Olympus. I think Olympus is cheating and should sell it as a refurbished camera at a significant discount. Not as a new camera with a note saying it's as good as new. I believe quality wise it's as good as new, but it's not a new camera to me. It has been refurbished and should be sold as a refurbished item. So, I did not get mine today. Very disappointed with Olympus.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. rusteel

rusteel Mu-43 Regular

Mar 15, 2011
    Kansas City, KS
    You can buy it for less than 50 bucks thru bestbuy.com. LOL I just did, they prolly made a mistake. The third party merchant I chose was Rakuten/Buy.com now showing sold out. Type SKU 1313388533 at Bestbuy.com, paid 52 including tax. Might not get it though coz it was an error. Link

18. bacil

bacil Mu-43 Regular

Nov 24, 2012
    Minnesota
    The title said E-M10 mark ii but on the email receipt it shows a picture of something like a radio clock.

19. kingduct

kingduct Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 12, 2013
    I had assumed these'd appear on the Olympus refurbished store website at some point. In fact, I've got a G5, like the original poster, and have been hoping there might be some true bargain refurbished cameras as they try to clear out the stock with those serial numbers. Guess not.

20. bacil

bacil Mu-43 Regular

Nov 24, 2012
    Minnesota
    If it was priced as a refurbished one, I would have taken it.