E-M10 IV questions

Hi there

I'm considering upgrading from the E-M10 II to the IV, and I had a couple of questions:
  • Can the function of the front/rear dials be changed? It says in the manual it can, but it doesn't say what options there are. So for example in aperture priority mode, I can have the front dial set for aperture and the rear for exp comp (which is the reverse of the default) ?
  • Can focus peaking be activated by a single button press? On my Mk II it can but it seems the IV has limited customisation of buttons. Can it be activated from the SCP?
  • Can AE bracketing be activated by a single button press or via SCP?
  • It looks like WiFi/Bluetooth can be turned on/off (via touch) from the SCP?
I know the IV functions more like a III as far as the interface and buttons are concerned, and the III was a more 'simplified' version of the II in this regard.

Thanks

RAH

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Rich
You could take a look at this YouTube video that addresses this question:

Just as an aside, I could not imagine that it doesn't allow you to swap the functions of the 2 wheels. That's kind of minimum, I think.

Real Name
Cata
@nandystam to your questions:
- yes, you can swap the dials' functions as you have described.
- yes, you can assign one (of the three customizable buttons) button to "peaking". Can't see how this can be done via SCP really.
- AE bracketing is an option in AP (advanced photo) menu. You can choose between 3 or 5 frames but can't set any EV steps. Could not find this option from the SCP.
- there is no option for WiFi in the SCP

@nandystam to your questions:
- yes, you can swap the dials' functions as you have described.
- yes, you can assign one (of the three customizable buttons) button to "peaking". Can't see how this can be done via SCP really.
- AE bracketing is an option in AP (advanced photo) menu. You can choose between 3 or 5 frames but can't set any EV steps. Could not find this option from the SCP.
- there is no option for WiFi in the SCP

Thanks, this helps greatly with my decision making.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom