1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

E-M10 II Newbie Can't find picture mode

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Clearcoat_Ben, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Clearcoat_Ben

Clearcoat_Ben New to Mu-43

Jul 6, 2016
    Benjamin Curtis
    So I just picked up a very gently used E-M10 II and I did a full reset on the menus and have been trying to read through the manual, but now I need the internet.

Is there a good wiki or PDF that shows how the menus have changed since the firmware update? What came with the camera (and in the PDF) seem just slightly off in a lot of areas.

Next, picture mode? I see settings for it - some of the modes/filters show up in SCN, some are in the art filters, but some I can't figure out. Especially like the vivid, monotone, enhance, custom, and I think a few others. The boxes are checked, and I've tried a few things but can't figure out how to access these color options. Any help would be fantastic.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Mu-43 app

2. zensu

zensu An Old Fool

Aug 8, 2012
    Southeastern USA
    Bobby
    Maybe this link will help:
    http://cs.olympus-imaging.jp/en/support/imsg/digicamera/download/manual/omd/man_em10m2_e.pdf
    Good luck and enjoy your new camera!
    Bobby

• Like Like x 1
  3. Klorenzo

Klorenzo Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 10, 2014
    Lorenzo
    You can select the filters in any mode from the SCP (Super Control Panel) in the top right corner. Default one is "Neutral".

• Like Like x 1
  4. Clearcoat_Ben

Jul 6, 2016
    Benjamin Curtis
    Ah, I think I found the issue, I hadn't gotten into the menu to enable the SCP instead of the Live Guide. I'll check that when I get home! Thanks everyone!

5. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Welcome to the forum. Is this your first mu43 camera?

6. Clearcoat_Ben

Jul 6, 2016
    Benjamin Curtis
    Thanks, yes it is. Been trying to read as much as I could!

7. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    The Olympus menu system is legendary for its obfuscation. The good part is they have been reasonably consistent over the years so you can get used to them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Clearcoat_Ben

Jul 6, 2016
    Benjamin Curtis
    It was hard to comprehend how bad they really were until it was in my hand. But I don't plan on bouncing between camera systems so consistency is great!

9. flamingfish

flamingfish Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 16, 2012
    Emily
    Enabling the SCP is crucial! Having to menu-dive for everything would make you crazy.

I'd recommend getting a book about the camera. The manual isn't easy to read. I don't have an e-m10, so I can't recommend a book, but I'm sure you can get plenty of recommendations here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. WendyK

WendyK Super Moderator

Feb 28, 2014
    Northern Virginia
    Wendy