1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

E-M10 battery recommendations

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by DaninFLA, Apr 6, 2015.

1. DaninFLA

DaninFLA Mu-43 Regular

Apr 2, 2015
    Dan
    Just purchased a E-M10 and should be here this week. it comes with the OEM battery and charger, but I want to get at least 1 spare. Recommendations on which third party brand to buy?

2. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    I have a Wasabi (also sold as Wasabi Trends) that seems fine, I've had a few for different bodies in the past with out issue. Also used Progo and Waston for other systems.

3. WendyK

WendyK Super Moderator

Feb 28, 2014
    Northern Virginia
    Wendy
    I bought a Watson battery for my E-M10 (from B&H) and it worked great for almost exactly a year, but now it won't hold a charge at all. I don't recommend it.

4. HarryS

HarryS Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 23, 2012
    Midwest, USA
    I've been buying third party PEN BLS1/BLS5 batteries since 2010. My experience with them is they don't last much past a year. They either start swelling up, don't have any capacity, or are just dead. I've probably bought at least 10, and have 5 still working, with 4 of them being Maximal Power units that I picked up last year. We will see how this brand holds up. The economics works for me. Let's say I've spend $80 on these cheap guys, which is enough to buy an original Olympus battery and a nice lunch.

Since my original Olympus batteries from 2011 and 2012 still work fine, I bought a "new" Olympus BLS5 off ebay from $20 last year. These are batteries that must have sat in inventory and are too old for Olympus to sell. Mine has a date code of 10-2012, but it seems to work OK.

5. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    I just bought a new E-M10 that came with a battery dated 2010! Works fine though. I picked up an Oly BLS-50 as a second battery for it. I used to use third-party batteries (BLS-1 for my old E-PM1) till one died suddenly, and a second one swelled up and died, both after about a year of use. The one that swelled up was Maximal Power. Now I only use OEM.

6. DaninFLA

DaninFLA Mu-43 Regular

Apr 2, 2015
    Dan
    Thx all!

7. gobeatty

gobeatty Mu-43 Regular

Sep 15, 2014
  8. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    I have two wasabi batteries. They swell after use and difficult to take out from the camera (E-M10 & E-PM2)

9. ErnieH

ErnieH Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 8, 2014
    Ontario, Canada
    I had one Wasabi battery swell. Amazon replaced immediately. I'm over a year with 3 others and they are perfect.

10. Klorenzo

Klorenzo Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 10, 2014
    Lorenzo
    I bought two Patona Premium and after a year still work fine.