E-M10 back button focus?

jurgen

Mu-43 Regular
Hi all!

Sorry if this is redundant, but after scouring the manual online (and without access to an E-M10 in person), is it possible to set up "back button focus," or divorce autofocus from the shutter button?

Don't even need a walkthrough right now, just a yes/no. About to pull the trigger on an E-M10 but need to know one way or the other first!

Cheers,
jurgen

spdavies

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Stephen
All the Oly OM-D cameras are highly customizable and include the ability to divorce autofocus from the shutter button (in more than one way).

LeMenhir

New to Mu-43
Real Name
Nathan
Ned explains how to do it in Post #10 here-

https://www.mu-43.com/showthread.php?t=64478&p=643324#post643324

On my E-M10, I've set my back button focus to Fn2, right next to the shutter. (I find the Fn1 button awkward to use.) Since I have to move my index finger back and forth between the shutter and Fn2, it's a bit slow if I want to refocus and trigger the shutter instantly. But for most situations it works fine. If I want to focus and shoot quickly, I'll use the C-AF setting or go back to the default S-AF (shutter half-press focus) setting. Hope that helps.

jurgen

Mu-43 Regular
Have I mentioned that the people on this forum are a truly wonderful and helpful bunch? The best photography site on the web. Thanks, all.

Latest threads

Top Bottom