1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

E-M10 – Quick access to spot metering

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by PatrickNSF, Mar 26, 2014.

1. PatrickNSF

PatrickNSF Mu-43 Regular

Sep 30, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    Patrick
    For those of you who use an E-M10 (or E-M5 I think), is there a quick way to gain access to spot metering either through use of the multi-function button or other way? I can do it through the SCP, but can't seem to find another way. The E-M1 has the dedicated button on the left which brings up metering and AF, and I'd like to set up something similar with one of the programmable buttons on the E-M10.

2. adi10times

adi10times Mu-43 Regular

Apr 24, 2010
    Bandung, Indonesia
    Michael Adi P.
    I think you have to go to the custom menu (E on EM10?), sir
    and assign the exposure lock metering mode from there. I haven't received EM10 yet, however I do change movie buttom of EPL1 to spot meter (and also on Oly E500).
    It's on EXP/ISO setting > AEL metering if I'm not mistaken

• Like Like x 1
  3. mrjr

mrjr Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 25, 2012
    Nice! Yeah. That works if you have a button assigned to AEL. Just tested it on my E-M5.

4. Leif

Leif Mu-43 Regular

Sep 28, 2012
    Germany
    Leif
    I did the combination with AEL on my E-M10 as well and it works perfectly fine. When I hit the AEL button it does a spot metering, otherwise the normal one.

5. mjw

mjw Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 23, 2013
    Seattle, WA
    Matt
    That's what I do as well.

6. PatrickNSF

PatrickNSF Mu-43 Regular

Sep 30, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    Patrick
    That's great. Just got it to work. Thanks so much – I would have never figured out those steps on my own.

7. undergrd

undergrd Mu-43 Regular

Dec 30, 2012
    Singapore
    Seems to be a good workaround for spot metering. Will try it out tonight too. Thanks for sharing.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.