1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

E-M10 – Quick access to spot metering

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by PatrickNSF, Mar 26, 2014.

1. PatrickNSF

PatrickNSF Mu-43 Regular

Sep 30, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    Patrick
    For those of you who use an E-M10 (or E-M5 I think), is there a quick way to gain access to spot metering either through use of the multi-function button or other way? I can do it through the SCP, but can't seem to find another way. The E-M1 has the dedicated button on the left which brings up metering and AF, and I'd like to set up something similar with one of the programmable buttons on the E-M10.

2. adi10times

adi10times Mu-43 Regular

Apr 24, 2010
    Bandung, Indonesia
    Michael Adi P.
    I think you have to go to the custom menu (E on EM10?), sir
    and assign the exposure lock metering mode from there. I haven't received EM10 yet, however I do change movie buttom of EPL1 to spot meter (and also on Oly E500).
    It's on EXP/ISO setting > AEL metering if I'm not mistaken

• Like Like x 1
  3. mrjr

mrjr Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 25, 2012
    Nice! Yeah. That works if you have a button assigned to AEL. Just tested it on my E-M5.

4. Leif

Leif Mu-43 Regular

Sep 28, 2012
    Germany
    Leif
    I did the combination with AEL on my E-M10 as well and it works perfectly fine. When I hit the AEL button it does a spot metering, otherwise the normal one.

5. mjw

mjw Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 23, 2013
    Seattle, WA
    Matt
    That's what I do as well.

6. PatrickNSF

PatrickNSF Mu-43 Regular

Sep 30, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    Patrick
    That's great. Just got it to work. Thanks so much – I would have never figured out those steps on my own.

7. undergrd

undergrd Mu-43 Regular

Dec 30, 2012
    Singapore
    Seems to be a good workaround for spot metering. Will try it out tonight too. Thanks for sharing.