E-M10 – Quick access to spot metering

PatrickNSF

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Patrick
For those of you who use an E-M10 (or E-M5 I think), is there a quick way to gain access to spot metering either through use of the multi-function button or other way? I can do it through the SCP, but can't seem to find another way. The E-M1 has the dedicated button on the left which brings up metering and AF, and I'd like to set up something similar with one of the programmable buttons on the E-M10.

adi10times

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Michael Adi P.
For those of you who use an E-M10 (or E-M5 I think), is there a quick way to gain access to spot metering either through use of the multi-function button or other way? I can do it through the SCP, but can't seem to find another way. The E-M1 has the dedicated button on the left which brings up metering and AF, and I'd like to set up something similar with one of the programmable buttons on the E-M10.
I think you have to go to the custom menu (E on EM10?), sir
and assign the exposure lock metering mode from there. I haven't received EM10 yet, however I do change movie buttom of EPL1 to spot meter (and also on Oly E500).
It's on EXP/ISO setting > AEL metering if I'm not mistaken

mrjr

Mu-43 Top Veteran
and assign the exposure lock metering mode from there. I haven't received EM10 yet, however I do change movie buttom of EPL1 to spot meter (and also on Oly E500).
Nice! Yeah. That works if you have a button assigned to AEL. Just tested it on my E-M5.

Leif

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Leif
I did the combination with AEL on my E-M10 as well and it works perfectly fine. When I hit the AEL button it does a spot metering, otherwise the normal one.

mjw

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Matt
I did the combination with AEL on my E-M10 as well and it works perfectly fine. When I hit the AEL button it does a spot metering, otherwise the normal one.
That's what I do as well.

PatrickNSF

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Patrick
That's great. Just got it to work. Thanks so much – I would have never figured out those steps on my own.

undergrd

Mu-43 Regular
Seems to be a good workaround for spot metering. Will try it out tonight too. Thanks for sharing.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom