1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

E-M1 WIFI

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Dave in Wales, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Dave in Wales

Dave in Wales Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 5, 2011
    West Wales
    When set to WIFI my E-M1 LV shows the white WIFI setup screen and not the view as seen by the camera.

Is this how it should be....... the view from the camera is visible on my iPhone or iPad only

If this is not right, how do I get LV on the camera and iPhone please.

TIA
    Dave

2. 50orsohours

50orsohours Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 13, 2013
    Portland Oregon
    mine is the same way

3. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer

AFAIK the only way to get tethered mode operation (E-M1 only) is to use the cabled tethering mode from Olympus Viewer.

4. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

That is how it should be & that QR code or password given is for connecting the WiFi to an iPhone/pad etc. Nothing is wrong at all. Pages 92 & 123 (of the E-M1 manual version 2) explain it all.

5. m4/3boy

m4/3boy Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 21, 2013
    Sorry folks but if you put your remote software on your phone or tablet into remote shutter mode the Liveview on the cameras LCD will appear and the setup screen with the WiFi info will go away automatically.

• Like Like x 1
  6. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    That is correct, but the original question is how to get the live view on the camera and phone, which is not possible. It's either LV on the phone, or as you stated, using the phone as a wireless shutter release.

7. m4/3boy

m4/3boy Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 21, 2013
    Sorry, I mis-read the question, but on the other hand why would we want both simultaneously?

Another thing to note about the Remote Shutter Release function is that it allows automatic exposure bracketing with a single touch on the remote shutter release screen.

8. Dave in Wales

Dave in Wales Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 5, 2011
    West Wales
    Why not?
    I was just after clafification, expecting the LV after the white setup screen that's all.

9. m4/3boy

m4/3boy Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 21, 2013
    Okay, so now you know Dave.

10. m4/3boy

m4/3boy Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 21, 2013
    Okay, so now you know Dave.