E-M1 - What settings are you using for accurate colours?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by deang001, Mar 27, 2014.

1. deang001

deang001 Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 16, 2013
    Hong Kong
    Just out of interest, what Picture mode, contrast, sharpness, saturation setting are you using to get the most accurate colours out of the E-M1?

Cheers !!
  2. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    I shoot raw format to capture as much data as possible then use Lightroom and plugs (Nik, Perfect Photo 8) to make any needed adjustments in sharpness, contrast (via S curve), detail (Perfect Photo Effects), noise reduction (Nik Dfine), or conversation to B&W (Nik Silver Efex).
  3. MrPhotoBob

MrPhotoBob Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 16, 2012
    Try downloading a trial copy of the software Photo Ninja and run your raw files through there just as it is set up. The images are amazing when they come out of there as it is set up.
  4. pclewis

pclewis Mu-43 Regular

Jun 12, 2013
    If you want accurate colors. shoot RAW and shoot a gray card. Then hit the gray card with the eyedropper in a RAW processing program like ACR. I think all of them have the feature.

Colors will be accurate, but you may not want them. For example you may want the tungsten light look or the sunrise/sunset hue.

5. deang001

deang001 Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 16, 2013
    Hong Kong
    I shoot Raw all the time and use LR5 but was just curious how JPEG shooters approach this.

Anyone shoot Jpegs?

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43
  6. MrKal_El

MrKal_El Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 24, 2011
    I do shoot RAW, but as for JPEG...Personally I like the look of Vivid with Saturation turned down to -1 or -2. (Just watch your Reds)
    • Like Like x 1