E-M1 vs E-M1 mk II burst rates with Four Thirds lenses

Real Name
Ian
Ah, OK. I wasn't aware that "E-M1 vs E-M1 mk II burst rates with Four Thirds lenses" was any more interesting for newcomers than the thousands of other subjects discussed in this forum. For me it is just a waste of space at the top of the screen.
Anyone who happens be particularly interested in this rather exotic subject can just search for it - like we all do when we need info about this or that.
I didn't realize having one thread pinned at the top of the page was such an inconvenience for your viewing.

Maybe you could create a poll to gather other's feelings on the topic to see if it's as much of an inconvenience for them as it is for you, and we could use the data gathered from a larger subset of users to make a decision, rather than basing it on one person's personal feelings?

ThorEgil

Mu-43 Regular
I didn't realize having one thread pinned at the top of the page was such an inconvenience for your viewing.

Maybe you could create a poll to gather other's feelings on the topic to see if it's as much of an inconvenience for them as it is for you, and we could use the data gathered from a larger subset of users to make a decision, rather than basing it on one person's personal feelings?
Haha! This is getting ridiculous! If this is information is so important for you - why don't you just print it out and pin it to your wall? Or - even better - make a booklet of it to have it conveniently accessible in your camera bag?

For the other 99.5% of us it is enough to know that the E-M1 mk2 is faster than the predecessor in every way (big surprise).

Real Name
Ian
Haha! This is getting ridiculous! If this is information is so important for you - why don't you just print it out and pin it to your wall? Or - even better - make a booklet of it to have it conveniently accessible in your camera bag?

For the other 99.5% of us it is enough to know that the E-M1 mk2 is faster than the predecessor in every way (big surprise).
A poll, to gather the thoughts of a larger audience, rather than relying on one or two person's preferences, is now ridiculous?

That's an interesting viewpoint...

And I don't need to print it out, I just sold my last E-M1 today. But thanks for the smart-ass idea :thumbup:

ThorEgil

Mu-43 Regular
@alex g - There of course was nothing personal, and I certainly appreciate the work behind it. But it has now been pinned there for nearly half a year and I think maybe everyone interested has had the chance to read it by now.

My main contribution is through the use of my camera, it's just a tool after all. have a look at my concert photo blog, close to 500 concerts and counting.

alex g

Mu-43 All-Pro
@alex g - There of course was nothing personal, and I certainly appreciate the work behind it. But it has now been pinned there for nearly half a year and I think maybe everyone interested has had the chance to read it by now.

My main contribution is through the use of my camera, it's just a tool after all. have a look at my concert photo blog, close to 500 concerts and counting.
Nice work — some quality photography there! Maybe you'll catch my band when we next tour! :)

For the most part I agree with you about my FPS tests post. One thing that I'd suggest maybe makes it worth keeping it pinned is that it does actually contain some helpful information regarding the best settings for getting maxium fps from any system lens — not just Four-Thirds lenses. There are a number of factors which influence maximum fps, and it can take quite of lot of experimentation to figure them out. One of the objectives of posting that item in the first place was to save other people from having to figure it out themselves. As far as I'm aware, such info isn't published elsewhere online.

The other thing is that I think that at least the best Four-Thirds lenses are unlikely to go away very soon. There are still no native µ43 equivalents of the 35-100/2, 150/2, 90-250/2.8 and 300/2.8. If you need native glass with those parameters, they remain the only options, and a recent gradual upturn in prices of used copies of the 150/2 points to there still being plenty of interest in that lens at least.

@ijm5012 's suggestion of a poll seems reasonable enough to me, if you think it's worth bothering with. :)

kbouk

Mu-43 Regular
Ι vote to stay, admin can pin another interesting topic if it's so important for m43 users and is well documented as this one.

kbouk

Mu-43 Regular
Alex you made an excellent job 1 year ago with your tests, did you test and find any changes after EM1.2 new firmwares? especially on CAF Lmode?
Are you sure that when menu setting RLS priority is set for rate and not for IBIS on CAF mode you have the max rate according to your table as IBIS=off?

alex g

Mu-43 All-Pro
Alex you made an excellent job 1 year ago with your tests, did you test and find any changes after EM1.2 new firmwares? especially on CAF Lmode?
Are you sure that when menu setting RLS priority is set for rate and not for IBIS on CAF mode you have the max rate according to your table as IBIS=off?
Thanks for the complement! I haven't tried any formal tests with E-M1.2 firmware v2.1, but my impression is that C-AF L is certainly improved with regard to responsiveness. Not so sure about burst rates though — they may have improved, but I haven't noticed it particularly.

Regarding your question about RLS priority settings, I confess I can't remember. My first comment under the heading "Camera Settings" does seem a little curious, now I look at it. Is there any particular lens and combinations of settings that you're interested in? I'm travelling at the moment, but I might be able to do a quick A/B comparison for you if you like. :)

Real Name
Ian
Back to D500s?
I sold both of my E-M1's for two E-M1 II's, but I recently traded one of my E-M1 II's for a second D500.

I enjoy shooting sports and action, and the D500 just delivered consistently better results for me when I shot the two cameras side-by-side. I still have an E-M1 II that I use for casual/general photography, as well as landscapes thanks to the hi-res mode, but when I'm shooting sports or racing, the D500's are in my bag.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom