1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

E-m1 turning off or freezing

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by a_hit_of_meth, Sep 20, 2016.

1. a_hit_of_meth

a_hit_of_meth Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 7, 2012
    It's happened about four or five times since I bought mine three weeks ago. The camera seems to turn off or at least the screen and evf turn black and it becomes unresponsive after taking a shot. On/Off switch doesn't help, I have to remove the battery to get it to start again.

I haven't picked out a pattern yet but it seems right after I change the drive mode is when it happens. Yesterday I used the 12 second timer and switched back to anti-shock or silent. This morning I was trying out different drive modes and the evf turned black and unresponsive after I took a shot.

It's happened with both original and non original batteries. The first two days I was using an old SD card with files from another camera which I had not saved, I thought that may have caused it but it still happens with a newly formatted card. I'm using firmware 4.1

2. Growltiger

Growltiger Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 26, 2014
    UK
    I have only seen that with non Olympus batteries when they run out suddenly. Could be your battery contacts need cleaning.