E-M1 Superfine jpeg (+raw) setting - ?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Ranger Rick, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Ranger Rick

Ranger Rick Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 11, 2009
    Tempe, AZ
    Trying to set up new E-M1. On the E-M5, when you choose superfine setting for jpegs + raw, you see in the SCP's bottom line "superfine". This doesn't seem true on the E-M1.

As far as I can see, while trying to set the E-M1 for Supefine + RAW, your options are "L-F + Raw", "L-N + Raw", etc. The full instruction manual refers to using superfine, but does not tell where/how to set it other than do it in the SCP.

Isn't "L-F" Large-Fine? I thought the jpeg options were sizes of Large/Medium/Small. plus compressions of Superfine/Fine/Normal. I would thus expect a setting for L (Large) SF (Superfine), but the "largest size" seems to be LF+Raw.

Page 124 of the Manual shows "Record Mode" of L-SF, M-SF etc, but I do not get those options on the camera/SCP. (and I know all the arguments about raw vs jpeg, shoot raw only... etc :).

2. bcaslis

bcaslis Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 3, 2011
    Wilsonville, OR, USA
    Brian Caslis
    Go to custom menu (gear), color/wb, set. Then you will see the option to change large JPEG to superfine. Then you can when you large JPEG + RAW it will be superfine. Why this isn't set by default is a mystery.
    • Like Like x 2