E-M1 Superfine jpeg (+raw) setting - ?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Ranger Rick, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Ranger Rick

Ranger Rick Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 11, 2009
    Tempe, AZ
    Rick
    Trying to set up new E-M1. On the E-M5, when you choose superfine setting for jpegs + raw, you see in the SCP's bottom line "superfine". This doesn't seem true on the E-M1.

As far as I can see, while trying to set the E-M1 for Supefine + RAW, your options are "L-F + Raw", "L-N + Raw", etc. The full instruction manual refers to using superfine, but does not tell where/how to set it other than do it in the SCP.

Isn't "L-F" Large-Fine? I thought the jpeg options were sizes of Large/Medium/Small. plus compressions of Superfine/Fine/Normal. I would thus expect a setting for L (Large) SF (Superfine), but the "largest size" seems to be LF+Raw.

Page 124 of the Manual shows "Record Mode" of L-SF, M-SF etc, but I do not get those options on the camera/SCP. (and I know all the arguments about raw vs jpeg, shoot raw only... etc :).

Thanks!

2. bcaslis

bcaslis Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 3, 2011
    Wilsonville, OR, USA
    Brian Caslis
    Go to custom menu (gear), color/wb, set. Then you will see the option to change large JPEG to superfine. Then you can when you large JPEG + RAW it will be superfine. Why this isn't set by default is a mystery.

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.