E-M1 Slow Menu Response

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Chroaz, Feb 4, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Chroaz

Chroaz Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 3, 2015
    Christopher Oldham
    I recently upgraded the firmware in my E-M1 to v. 4.0 (and today to 4.1) and am experiencing slow menu response when changing menus or invoking a menu using the Menu button. I have also noticed that if I turn the camera off when a menu is on the screen, the menu takes a couple of seconds to clear even though the camera is off.

Has anyone else experienced this .. and ideas why this has strated happening?

Thanks,

Chris

2. Growltiger

Growltiger Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 26, 2014
    UK
    No, it is instantaneous here. (4.1)

3. Chroaz

Chroaz Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 3, 2015
    Christopher Oldham
    Hmmm - I can't think of a setting that would slow the response time down, very strange.

4. TonyVentourisPhotography

TonyVentourisPhotography Mu-43 Regular

Nov 1, 2015
    E-M1 has never had fast response time with menus... Upgrade to the latest firmware...and if still nothing...and its actually different than it was before v4... I would try a factory reset.

5. Chroaz

Chroaz Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 3, 2015
    Christopher Oldham
    Thanks, Tony - I'll oberve it over the next few days and try the full reset if it still continues. I am running the latest 4.1 firmware

6. Growltiger

Growltiger Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 26, 2014
    UK
    Try two experiments.
    1. Remove battery then put it back in.
    Any change?
    2. Remove SD card.
    Any change? (I'm thinking it might be slow if you have a card which is slow, faulty, or has a vast number of images on it.)

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Chroaz

Chroaz Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 3, 2015
    Christopher Oldham
    Genius, Growltiger! That did it, thanks! Not sure which one as I did both - removed the battery and then re-inserted it (OEM Battery), and changed the card. Back to normal operation; then I put the old card back in (fast card, only 10 images on it) and it worked fine as well, so all is now well - go figure!

Thanks so much for your help,

Chris

8. TonyVentourisPhotography

TonyVentourisPhotography Mu-43 Regular

Nov 1, 2015
    Gotta love electronics...So many days I wish an old 500c/m hassy or Om1 just had a screen and magical sensor and no electronics...