E-M1 Removing the Accessory Port cover

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by brosenz, Oct 1, 2013.

1. brosenz

brosenz Mu-43 Regular

Aug 9, 2011
    I was trying to remove the Accessory Port cover to install the FL-LM2 mini flash unit but it's stuck or very hard to remove, I am afraid I might break something, do I just have to pull it out or do I have to twist it?, thanks

2. b_rubenstein

b_rubenstein Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 20, 2012
    Melbourne, FL
    They are usually threaded.

3. brosenz

brosenz Mu-43 Regular

Aug 9, 2011
    Thanks, please could you clarify, I did not understand what do you mean?, what should I do to remove the cover?

4. b_rubenstein

b_rubenstein Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 20, 2012
    Melbourne, FL
    No, sorry, my mistake. I was thinking of the PC flash connector. The Accessory port cover clips on. Get a fingernail under the left or right side of the cover and pull it off.

5. brosenz

brosenz Mu-43 Regular

Aug 9, 2011
    Got it, thanks.

Another quick question, do you know where to buy a replacement cover for the hot shoe cover with the extended back MCC-2 ?

6. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    You'll see one side (usually the left side) has a larger gap where it can easily be pulled off. If you look closely you should even see a small arrow.

As for the hot shoe cover, I never bother with them...they always get lost, so I just leave them off.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.