1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

E-M1 - remapping red Record button with MySets not working right

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by barry13, Mar 7, 2014.

1. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    Hi, for some reason I can't get the red Record button to switch modes using the mode dial with MySets...

E-M1, firmware 1.1...

I set the Red (record) button to Focus Peaking.
    Then I saved it to MySet1, which is assigned to "P" (Program) on the mode dial.

Then I changed the button back to record, and saved it to MySet2.
    MySet2 is assigned to "Movie" on the mode dial.

This works fine if I use the MySet settings from the menu to switch profiles (although it's too error-prone as it's easy to overwrite a profile!).

However, when I change the mode dial between P and Movie, it does not change the button function!

I noticed that it still shows 'P' when on the Movie position which I find odd.
    It does correctly show 'My2' though.

I unset the MySet for the Movie mode position, and now the record button works as expected in Movie mode.

However, my other settings go back to the defaults this way.

How can I get the Red button to switch functions between MySets with the Mode dial?

Thank you,
    Barry

2. JimUSNY

JimUSNY Mu-43 Regular

Nov 5, 2013
    Mid Hudson Valley NY
    Jim
    have you tried assigning buttons to go to your mysets? thats how I do mine and everything is saved, a lot easier to go to mysets and back that way

3. Swandy

Swandy Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 15, 2009
    Barry - I tried something similar on my EM10 and also saw that the button assignments were not saved. So I called Olympus Tech Support and was told that no - button assignments are saved and can be accessed if you choose the MySet through the Menu but not when they are assigned to a place on the Mode Dial. Sort of loses some of the usefulness of using them for me at least.
    Have not tried what Jim suggested above - don't know if I want to lose one of the assignable buttons just to handle MySets.

• Like Like x 1
  4. bassman

bassman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 22, 2013
    New Jersey
    Scott
    These kind of stupid and inconsistent restrictions just make using the camera so much more frustrating.