1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

E-M1 my 2 tb42nd street photo for Pre-order

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Speedliner, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Speedliner

Speedliner Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 2, 2015
    Southern NJ, USA
    Rob
    • Like Like x 1
  2. bokehbenny

bokehbenny New to Mu-43

Sep 18, 2016
    Ben Park
    What would happen if it is released and it costs more or less then $1500?

3. Speedliner

Speedliner Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 2, 2015
    Southern NJ, USA
    Rob
    Don't know. I expect you could cancel your order and buy elsewhere.

4. skellington

skellington Mu-43 Regular

Mar 4, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Keith
    Isn't 42nd Street the guys who unbundle the charger, battery, cables, etc. and asks you to pay more for them?

And pushes gray market goods?

I think Yelp has multiple reports of that stuff..

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. yendikeno

yendikeno Mu-43 Regular

Sep 5, 2015
    I used this store once a long time ago, and that is exactly what they tried to pull with me. Had to call them to complete order, and that's when they started with the up-sell and comments about paying extra for things that should be included.

If the OP decides to deal with them, tread carefully.

6. Speedliner

Speedliner Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 2, 2015
    Southern NJ, USA
    Rob
    I don't plan to. Thanks for the warning. It's just the first US price I've seen and i guess depending on how anxious you are, might be worth getting on a list.

I have accumulated enough AmEx points to pay for one, but that limits me to outlets with an AmEx point program like BestBuy or Amazon. Neither of which are likely to be first to receive cameras. So it doesn't look like I'll be an early purchaser.

7. moonhawk

moonhawk Mu-43 Regular

Feb 12, 2016
    Dave Cherry
    I always pre-order on Amazon and have had very good luck with them, including getting stuff on the release date.

The thing to do is to order as soon as a new product is announced.

8. lchien

lchien Mu-43 Regular

Aug 7, 2014
    Texas
    Just saying, 42nd Street Photo is not to be confused with the former 47th Street Photo from the 70's that was a fairly long lived and large competitor to B&H photo.
    I think the 42nd Street uses its similar name and typeface to make you think you are dealing with that former well known store, but is actually a less well known store.
    Just saying, buyer beware.
    NO THEY HAVEN'T been around since the seventies. You are confusing them with 47thStreet Photo which was around then and had a good reputation. 42nd Street Photo is trying to fool you like the Roleks watch tries to fool you into thinkiing you have a Rolex.

9. Speedliner

Speedliner Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 2, 2015
    Southern NJ, USA
    Rob
    What??? It's not spelled Roleks? I bet it's not a real Architeck either!

10. RBrianTaylor

RBrianTaylor Mu-43 Regular

Mar 11, 2014
    Roanoke, VA, USA
    Brian Taylor
    I remember when a friend of mine thought that he had gotten a good deal on a car stereo from one of those 1-day convention center "tent sales" - he proudly showed me his "Alphine" radio that he had only paid $75 for...

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. lchien

lchien Mu-43 Regular

Aug 7, 2014
    Texas
    It's All Phine, isn't it?

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. SVQuant

SVQuant Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 20, 2015
    SF Bay Area, California, USA
    Sameer
    I wrote about them in an earlier thread (OM-D E-M1 $699 @ Amazon) and I am pretty sure that they have been around for a while. Not a store I would recommend, but Google, BBB and ResellerRatings all show fairly decent reviews. Regarding about your quote in italics. I think that they have been around for a while and I am not sure that they are pretending to be 47th Street Photo (which I think closed down in the late 90s).

13. snaimpally

snaimpally Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2012
    Amazon generally gets stuff at the same time as the major camera stores. They are a huge retailer and have a lot of clout. Check and see if they have it as a pre-order. I would stay away from 42nd street photo as they have a bad reputation, as others have mentioned.

• Like Like x 1