E-m1 Mode dial function greyed out

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by JamesD, Dec 17, 2015.

1. JamesD

JamesD Mu-43 Regular

Mar 18, 2015
    Elk Grove, CA
    Jim Landers
    I've never used the my set functions, but I noticed this option is greyed out in the Button/Dial/Lever set up menu. I must have something somewhere set wrong, but for the life of me..........

2. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

That had me at first as I have never bothered to save My Sets with any of my previous Olympus cameras but since I updated to FW 4.0 (on my E-M1) I took another look at it (that's about all I did), however, you can't programme the Mode dial for anything if there is nothing to programme it with, so go to your My Sets setup (Camera 1) & start setting them up then you can go & assign them to a position on your Mode Dial.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  3. JamesD

JamesD Mu-43 Regular

Mar 18, 2015
    Elk Grove, CA
    Jim Landers
    I'll give that a try. I guess I'll have to research My Sets. The weird thing is, I have an EM-5ii as well, and I've never programed My Sets on it, but that feature isn't greyed out in the menu. We'll see. Thanks for the advice.

4. yendikeno

yendikeno Mu-43 Regular

Sep 5, 2015
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  5. JamesD

JamesD Mu-43 Regular

Mar 18, 2015
    Elk Grove, CA
    Jim Landers
    Thanks Ross and Yendikeno. That did it.

6. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Basically, if you have a standard setting for a majority of photos then why not put that into MySet 1 (just store it while in those settings) & as you see other regular set-ups for different occasions then you might decide to store that too in MySet 2. It's easy to preach to others but I have never bothered to do this myself, but I have now stored my usual setting into MySet 1 on my E-M1. I guess I've made the first step! :rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.