1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

E-m1 Mode dial function greyed out

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by JamesD, Dec 17, 2015.

1. JamesD

JamesD Mu-43 Regular

Mar 18, 2015
    Elk Grove, CA
    Jim Landers
    I've never used the my set functions, but I noticed this option is greyed out in the Button/Dial/Lever set up menu. I must have something somewhere set wrong, but for the life of me..........

2. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

That had me at first as I have never bothered to save My Sets with any of my previous Olympus cameras but since I updated to FW 4.0 (on my E-M1) I took another look at it (that's about all I did), however, you can't programme the Mode dial for anything if there is nothing to programme it with, so go to your My Sets setup (Camera 1) & start setting them up then you can go & assign them to a position on your Mode Dial.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  3. JamesD

JamesD Mu-43 Regular

Mar 18, 2015
    Elk Grove, CA
    Jim Landers
    I'll give that a try. I guess I'll have to research My Sets. The weird thing is, I have an EM-5ii as well, and I've never programed My Sets on it, but that feature isn't greyed out in the menu. We'll see. Thanks for the advice.

4. yendikeno

yendikeno Mu-43 Regular

Sep 5, 2015
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  5. JamesD

JamesD Mu-43 Regular

Mar 18, 2015
    Elk Grove, CA
    Jim Landers
    Thanks Ross and Yendikeno. That did it.

6. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Basically, if you have a standard setting for a majority of photos then why not put that into MySet 1 (just store it while in those settings) & as you see other regular set-ups for different occasions then you might decide to store that too in MySet 2. It's easy to preach to others but I have never bothered to do this myself, but I have now stored my usual setting into MySet 1 on my E-M1. I guess I've made the first step! :rolleyes: