E-M1 MkIII ProCapture Banding

NACEOD

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Rob
Evening,

My son had a hockey game at a rink we usually go to 2 or 3 times a year. I was going to use Pro Capture to get a series of pictures of the the puck as he caught it. While test shooting, all of the photos had banding. I tried all of the combinations of flicker reduction settings but the banding was always there. Using the mechanical shutter everything was fine. Any suggestions for other settings to try?

This rink used to have halogen lighting. It looks like they switched to LED lamps since the last time he played there. I think that's what the issue is.

It's not a problem, I was able to get good enough photos with the mechanical shutter. Just curious if anyone has run across this or have any suggestions.

Thanks, Rob
P9195857_DxO.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

NACEOD

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Rob
Thanks for the quick replies.

I'm in Arizona. I tried Auto, 50 and 60 and Anti-Flicker On/Off for all 3. It didn't make a difference. I looked through the manual and couldn't find anything else that might help out. I'll try out a couple different shutter speeds next time we play there to see if it helps.

Thanks again.

NACEOD

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Rob
That's exactly what I ended up doing and everything came out fine. My son, the goalie got his first shutout of the season.
P9195749_DxO (1)-01.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:

Latest threads

Top Bottom