E-M1 MK II price

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Dakota, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Dakota

Dakota Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 20, 2016
    Burson, Ca.
    Bill Cook
    On one of the web sites for Photokina 2016 I found an article where it lists the Silver model at
    $1099.00 body only. I figured it would be more. I have used mostly Canon and Nikon cameras for quite a few years. Getting up in age and am going to go mirror less. Watching the Olympus video on the Photokina web site it sure made up my mind in a hurry on this camera. It sure will save a lot of weight packing lenses etc. I was also looking at the Fuji X-T2 camera but for me this camera has it beat. It will be Olympus. Thanks Bill :thumbup:
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Nathanael

Nathanael Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 12, 2015
    It will cost more.
    The PenF is $1199. The E-M1 Mk I was.. $1399 I think. Or $1499 in some places.
  3. Dakota

Dakota Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 20, 2016
    Burson, Ca.
    Bill Cook
    You are so correct. I miss read the price and model. It was the price for the E-M5 suggested. I guess will half to wait till the disclose the price. Thanks for pointing that out. Bill
  4. Rick F

Rick F Mu-43 Regular

Jul 5, 2015
    I've just read about the new spec's. I'm pleased the new sensor is 20MP and there's better noise reduction. I wonder when it will be available in the UK?
  5. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    My guess, out the gate based on what it is capable of...$1599 body only at launch. Give it 3 or 4 months and depending on sales you'll start seeing $100 instant rebates or lens bundle rebates. 6 months and we'll start seeing $300 off. All conjecture on my part. I have no inside knowledge, just my cracked crystal ball and a touch of insanity guiding me. :D
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Ziggy

Ziggy Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 21, 2016
    Melbourne, Australia
    An Oly person has been quoted as saying it'll be a bit more than the Mark 1.