E-M1 MK II and memory cards

String

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Brian
I need to pick up some faster cards and I've been hearing about some issues with Lexar cards. What's been your experience with the UHS II cards in the MKII body so far? Lexar are certainly more available where I am and some good sale prices on them.

Growltiger

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
The official Olympus website page recommends only certain SanDisk and Toshiba cards for the camera, and does not include Lexar. The 230MB/s UHS II card is recommended for slot 1.

AussiePhil

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Phil
I need to pick up some faster cards and I've been hearing about some issues with Lexar cards. What's been your experience with the UHS II cards in the MKII body so far? Lexar are certainly more available where I am and some good sale prices on them.
I have no issue with the 32Gb Lexar 2000x UHS2 card that was supplied by Olympus Australia as a bonus... it seems to be 128Gb Lexar cards that have definitive issues with the 64Gb having random issues.... I've used Toshiba cards in my em1 from day one but they are near impossible to buy in Australia in UHS2 versions

masayoshi

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Masaaki
I have Lexar 2000x 64GB and there might be a problem with the card. A couple of times, the video recording time showed zero h/m/s and showed error message 'Card Full' when I pressed video button. I turned off the camera, and pulled the card out, insert again, and turn it on. The video time reverted to normal. Strange thing was, the still image counter showed just normal (several thousands). San Disk 280MB/s 64 GB card is coming a few days, so I'll try if the problem is reproduced and related to the card or not.

Latest threads

Top Bottom