E-M1 Markii and GoPro Hero 7

stevedo

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Steve Douglas
I'm VERY new to taking video with my Olympus. I've been using a GoPro Hero 7 for a while. I'd like to create a "combined" video from the two cameras and have the colours from the two look the same. I'm going to use Davinci Resolve as my editing software. I've installed it today and it's going to be a steep learning curve. I assume I will need to use LUTs to achieve what I want. I have never used my GoPro in "flat" mode so will need to do that (I assume).

My question is, is there a common LUT that I could use with flat and/or OM-400 LOG footage from both my cameras to get a consistent colour across all clips or am I barking up the wrong tree.

PS I've started to watch some YT videos and shoot random footage around the house but this video lark is a whole new ballgame. It's going to make my head hurt for quite a while :)

DanS

Mu-43 All-Pro
My question is, is there a common LUT that I could use with flat and/or OM-400 LOG footage from both my cameras to get a consistent colour across all clips or am I barking up the wrong tree.
The issue is, each manufacture has their own color science formulas, so no one lut will be enough.

What you need is a strict workflow and multiple luts to get your raw footage to a common starting point. I personally don't know of a system that includes Olympus cameras, however I'll share the one I use.

I use the leeming lut system for video. The systems premise consists of two things. For shooting you use a very specific settings configuration and then you ETTR. Then in post you apply the appropriate corrective lut to each cameras footage. What this is designed to do, is get all your cameras to a common starting point, so you can take over with the creative grading process.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom