E-M1 Mark III on sale for 3 days

RAH

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Rich
I just received an email from Olympus that the E-M1 Mark III is on sale for $1499 for the next 3 days. That's a pretty good price (what I paid in May with a similar sale).

Darmok N Jalad

Temba, his aperture wide
I’m curious if the next OMD camera being announced this week is the E-M1.4, and if so, will we see any price changes on the E-M1.2 and 1.3 models. I’ve never tried the E-M1, and decided to wait it out for a while to see if there are any good sales coming. I’m not too hopeful with the supply chain woes going on right now.

Ghostbuggy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Phill
In Europe OMDS is also still offering a 200€ discount, which at least in my country relates to roughly €1500. Tomorrow is the last day of the promotion though.

Tapper

Mu-43 Veteran
Man, I'm glad I was able to buy it brand new for $1399 last year before the OMDS transfer. And I also paid no tax thanks to B&H.

Ghostbuggy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Phill
I'm pretty sure the E-M1 Mark II is getting phased out in the not too far future. To be honest I am actually kind of surprised they kept the Mark II all the way until today. The Mark I got phased out fairly quickly, at least in Germany. I still remember when the E-M1.2 got announced, the prices of the Mark I tanked a lot and some shops were offering new, unopened body-only E-M1 Mark I for as low as €800. Six months later and those offers were gone and there only were a few shops even listing the original E-M1.

Last edited:

RAH

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Rich
Yes, and when they announce the new 24/28(32??)MP E-M1.4 tomorrow, the E-M1.3 price will tank too! (I dream...)

Darmok N Jalad

Temba, his aperture wide
I'm pretty sure the E-M1 Mark II is getting phased out in the not too far future. To be honest I am actually kind of surprised they kept the Mark II all the way until today. The Mark I got phased out fairly quickly, at least in Germany. I still remember when the E-M1.2 got announced, the prices of the Mark I tanked a lot and some shops were offering new, unopened body-only E-M1 Mark I for as low as €800. Six months later and those offers were gone and there only were a few shops even listing the original E-M1.
I kinda wonder if it was just an easy way to sell a profitable gripped body at the next price point down from the E-M1.3. The 1.2 has been around long enough that it might actually be a decent margin body for OMD. If the EM1.3 goes to 999, I’m going to have to fight temptation. I’ve been interested in that body since release, but I can’t quite get on board with the current price point.

ac12

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
The problem with keeping an older model (like the EM1-mk2) going, while the mk3 is out . . .
Is that it scavenges sales from both the EM1-mk3 and the EM5-mk3.

If I wanted an EM1, then I would get the cheaper mk2, unless I really wanted the features of the mk3.
But if I wanted an EM5, with the price drop of the EM1-mk2, I might go up to the EM1-mk2.

robcee

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Rob Campbell
I predict they'll drop the Mk2 from the line-up when a Mk4 becomes available and supplies run out. Will be interesting to see what new features and sensor package the Mk4 ships with.

the teased images definitely looked like our current cameras, so I don't expect any radical departures.

getoutnshoot

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Dave
I've been surprised the E-M1 III price has remained so high. I was tempted last Christmas when the price was $1400, but I'm glad I resisted and now I'm probably just going to stick with the E-M1 II and watch with interest when the first OM body comes out. I guess it might be called the OM 1D according to the rumored new naming convention. I can't glean much at all from these "teaser" images.

Dave

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom