E-M1 live view question

guzziknight

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I just got a new to me E-M1. I can’t figure something out with it. On my E-M10, when I use Live Composite, the screen is bright and doesn’t show the actual exposure.

On the E-M1, when I got to Bulb, Live Time or Live Composite, the screen goes very dark.

I’ve tried changing the live boost setting, but it doesn’t seem to change anything.

Any ideas on what I’m doing wrong or what setting I need to change?

Thanks!!

fortwodriver

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Frank
Heya... On the original E-M1, there's an option called BULB/TIME MONITOR. It's under Menu > Gears > Gear-E, and it allows you to set the brightness of the monitor specifically for BULB and TIME exposures.

It's set lower than normal because it expects you to be working in the dark, and lowers the monitor brightness to try and minimize your night-blindness in the dark.

guzziknight

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Heya... On the original E-M1, there's an option called BULB/TIME MONITOR. It's under Menu > Gears > Gear-E, and it allows you to set the brightness of the monitor specifically for BULB and TIME exposures.

It's set lower than normal because it expects you to be working in the dark, and lowers the monitor brightness to try and minimize your night-blindness in the dark.
Ahhh. Thanks. I’ll check that out.

guzziknight

Mu-43 Top Veteran

That was it. Thanks!!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom